T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My business partner and I are just starting up and have had some stores requests a "line sheet". I have tried to search the forums, but did not find an exact definition of what this would consist of. Is it just a list of designs available or is there more to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Misha
No Promo Clothing

·
2,957 Posts
This was discussed in pretty good detail a few months back:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268&highlight=LINE+SHEET

I posted a link to the same page on fashion incubator. The woman that runs that site also joined the forums a few months ago, to share a little knowledge. She speaks to a few things in that thread!

She has also written an excellent book: "The Entreprenuer's Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing". I think that's the correct name. It's a great book. If you want to know about line sheets, then there are some other things in that book that will be of interest to you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Need add'l help with the Line Sheet concept

I love this forum. Just when I am finally starting to think of an issue that I need to address when starting my tee line, you folks have already talked about it!:)

The links and blog resource provided are great, but I could still use some help with visualizing exactly what the line sheet should look like.

Does anyone have a line sheet that they have had success with that they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Does anyone have a line sheet that they have had success with that they would be willing to share?
I wouldn't mind seeing a few example line sheets as well :)

I think Jay Allen posted on in the thread that Greg linked to above, but it would be cool to see more.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a few example line sheets as well :)
I decided to do something other than a typical line sheet hoping that people might hold onto it longer. It's 34 pages (4.25 x 5.5") of light cardstock paper held together with a 1/2" screw post.

Every design has it's own page and the last two pages consist of garment specifications. I put it in a small padded envelope along with an order form and business card.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks, David! I like your site as well. Gotta get the cake and cigarettes shirt. Love it!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I decided to do something other than a typical line sheet hoping that people might hold onto it longer.
Very nice. If you're sending this to people (as opposed to showing up with samples) it will obviously give them a much better idea of what they're looking at. Either way, it'll create a good impression.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks for posting that example. Very nice! Did you make it yourself, or outsource it to a printing company?

I like how you put all the info on there (pricing, etc). The large image of the design also helps.

Do you have any photographs included in the catalog?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I see. I just finished my 1st draft line sheet and it's only 1 sheet with a total of 5 shirts. They are pretty simple tees. I will be including a cover letter explaining the inspiration behind the brand. THAT'S IT!

What do you guys think.

·
2,957 Posts
Rhonda, I don't know how I missed this, but those are great!

That's a lot of ink coverage.

How much ink did you go through?

How many of these did you print?

How expensive was the paper?

Sorry for all the questions:eek:. I just want to compare the overall costs of sending my stuff out to get printed to printing it myself.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Rhonda, I don't know how I missed this, but those are great!

That's a lot of ink coverage.

How much ink did you go through?

How many of these did you print?

How expensive was the paper?

Sorry for all the questions:eek:. I just want to compare the overall costs of sending my stuff out to get printed to printing it myself.
Ha! Thanks! I can't really answer how much ink because I haven't done that many of them (maybe 6 or 7 with about 30 pages each), but it didn't consume that much ink because the catalog pages are only 5.5 x 4.25" (1/4 of an 8.5 x 11" sheet).

The paper is Staples brand 'brochure & flyer paper' so it's thicker than your plain ol' printer paper. Honestly it's been so long ago that I don't remember the price but I think it was around $20 for 150 8.5 x 11" sheets.

I should probably mention that since I posted this photo I have added a lot more designs and shirt options – so I had to forgo this catalog format and go with something more efficient (plus I needed to be able to email it).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts