T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I don't think with screen printing that you will find many printers willing to run small runs like that because of the costs and time required to setup a design to run on the press.

Your best bet would be to call around to local shops and see if you can work out something with a printer there.

I think customink might do quantities of 6 pieces, but I'm not sure if it is screen printed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I was just wondering since my printer has a minimum of 36. I checked out customink but for 6 screenprinted shirts, it comes out to 30$ a piece.. so I guess I'll stick to printing them in quantities of 36 or more. My main concern with using transfer is that the quality is dimished vs screenprinting.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I checked out customink but for 6 screenprinted shirts, it comes out to 30$ a piece..
That's because the setup costs for screen printing are so high :) Most printers won't even do it, but I think they do it because people keep asking so they give them the price that it would cost to show them that it's not worth doing 6 screen printed shirts (unless you are doing them yourself in your garage and have all the time in the world).

For the cost, you might as well spend more money on a good quantity of t-shirts.

If your designs are simple enough, you could do some vinyl tranfers or plastisol transfers (if you wanted to do it yourself and you had a heat press)

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm always getting people call me, 'i need 1 t-shirt printed by tomorrow afternoon, can you do it?'
if time allows then i might say yes, but as soon as you tell them it's going to cost them £40-50, they soon change their mind.
i don't blame them, with everything avaliable almost on demand, people forget that things still take time, and cost extra money if jobs have to be rushed. i'm as bad as the rest of them, quite often, if i can't have it now, i don't want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts