T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spreadshirt is now offering lightweigh t-shirts, which they offer for a lot less cost than the heavyweight t-shirts. I was wondering if you guys think the lightweight t-shirts are good enough? Or should I stick with the heavyweight ones? I don't want dissapointed customers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to add that their web site says that the heavyweights are 6.0 ounce per yard and the lightweights are 5.6 ounce per yard. Is that OK? Doesn't sound like much difference.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Sometimes I prefer a lighterweight tee, sometimes I like a heavierweight tee.

I don't think I'm your "average" consumer though. I think the average t-shirt buyer really wouldn't care, although in some climates, I've seen customers actually *seek out* a lighter weight tee because they don't want to wear something heavy.

The difference between 5.6 and 6.0 ounce isn't that huge in my opinion though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm new to all this, but I think it also has to do with the quality of the knit. AA basic shirts are just 4.3 ounces yet they're arguably better quality than most 6 ouces out there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's because AA uses a combed closed ring weave and not just a ring weave. Problem w/ AA is they're getting to be too nice! Almost like a dress tee you'd wear under a sports coat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts