T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light bill…….electric bill

how much did your bill go up a month from your average bill from the time you purchased your machine and pluged it in ? whats your extra over head cost that came along with the having the heat press addition to your home or place of business ?

and has anyone added that into there cost per items etc they sale ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Light bill…….electric bill

We have our shop in our converted but separate garage and we run an embroidery machine (not always on), a DTG (always on), a heat press (not always on), 2 computers (on 12 hrs a day), and 2 window air conditioner units (on about 12 hrs a day) and our bill wet up approx $10 a month. We did factor this into our pricing because it is a business expense that we wouldn't have if we weren't in business.

The heat press in particular causes us to need 2 air conditioners until we put in a heat pump. The other expenses we have that are business realted are insurance and phone.

We love what we do but are not working for free so we add it all into our pricing. If you do enough volume a month it adds very little to the cost of your products.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Re: Light bill…….electric bill

I think my added utilities for gas and electric added less than $20 month on the average. I keep my heat on around 55 degrees until I'm ready to go to work. i have a space heater under my embroidery machine that is set to come on with a timer. It turns on a hour before I start working. I get the press' heating and the temp may go p to 60 or 65 and once we're working we normally have to ope the door occassionally to cool it down. My shop is not the largest around ( about 1000 sq. feet), but it does the job.I also have additional storage in my basement for garments and supplies. Good luck .... JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts