T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please provide a step-by-step process for printing a t-shirt (with white or color only)? I get the general process, but the one thing that is escaping me is the mention of paper(s).

Rather than try to spell out how I think it works and have someone correct me, can someone break it down for me?

Thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Can someone please provide a step-by-step process for printing a t-shirt (with white or color only)? I get the general process, but the one thing that is escaping me is the mention of paper(s).

Rather than try to spell out how I think it works and have someone correct me, can someone break it down for me?

Thanks in advance!
White shirts:

When you go to heat press the ink to cure it, place a sheet of silicon parchment on the shirt then if you have a teflon sheet place that over the paper. It will reduce the discoloring of the white shirt and also keep the ink from build up on the heat press.

Dark shirts:

When you apply pretreatment, then you place a sheet of Quilon Parchment paper down before you heat press the pretreated shirt. This will help matte the fibers down and again not allow for build up etc on the heat press. After you print, then go back to using a silicon parchment paper for the final cure.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen videos online where people take their shirts right off the printer and put them directly onto the heat press, no paper.

Is it a guarantee that if you don't use papers, you'll have problems with your shirts or does it simply reduce the risk of problems?

The reason I'm asking is my business partner and I are looking at runs of around 75-120 per order. I want to be as efficient as possible, but I also don't want to cut corners at the expense of quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.