T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a Ricoma 1501 and a 1502 embroidery machine. I would like to hear some feedback about the life expectancy and how the machine is overall before I pull the trigger.

Thank you

· Registered
4,601 Posts
I would like to hear some feedback about the life expectancy and how the machine is overall before I pull the trigger.
Keep them lubricated they will last "forever".
Maintenance parts will need replacing from time to time of course.
The problem 20-30 year old machines have is outdated technology (floppy discs).

· Registered
10,343 Posts
Top of the line are Barudan, Tajima, ZSK and I don't know if they are still made but Happy and Toyota. After that SWF, after that I wouldn't touch them. Mostly made in Japan or Germany is top line. South Korea next. Stay away from the Chinese made machines.

If you want a single head, get a full size, not a compact. But I wouldn't recommend a single head. For the price of a 2 and single head you can get a 4 head and turn out much more work. Now, having said that, having a 4 head and a single head can make sense. It does for us because we do a lot of letterman jackets and it keeps the 4 head free for larger jobs.

Reactions: ElitePromo

· Registered
605 Posts
I have a Happy HCA-1501 single head - purchased 1999, SWF 4 Head - purchased 2001
Both still strong.
The Happy is still a floppy disc for design input, SWF was converted to USB a few years ago.
Have to replace the SWF as they don't make parts for it anymore, so I am getting a Happy 6 Head.

· Registered
47 Posts
I've experience with Melco, Tajima and Brother machines. I can definitely say all of their tech support and replacement parts availability has been good. Plus all of their models are usually made in Japan. It's always better to have more heads since some designs can take 20-30 minutes to sew out. If you have the space and budget get a 4 head. If you are strictly doing this as a hobby a single head might be better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.