T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a Ricoma 1501 and a 1502 embroidery machine. I would like to hear some feedback about the life expectancy and how the machine is overall before I pull the trigger.

Thank you

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
The top end machines will last forever. Ricoma is not top end, more like near the bottom.

Reactions: splathead

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I would like to hear some feedback about the life expectancy and how the machine is overall before I pull the trigger.
Keep them lubricated they will last "forever".
Maintenance parts will need replacing from time to time of course.
The problem 20-30 year old machines have is outdated technology (floppy discs).

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Top of the line are Barudan, Tajima, ZSK and I don't know if they are still made but Happy and Toyota. After that SWF, after that I wouldn't touch them. Mostly made in Japan or Germany is top line. South Korea next. Stay away from the Chinese made machines.

If you want a single head, get a full size, not a compact. But I wouldn't recommend a single head. For the price of a 2 and single head you can get a 4 head and turn out much more work. Now, having said that, having a 4 head and a single head can make sense. It does for us because we do a lot of letterman jackets and it keeps the 4 head free for larger jobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts