T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Volkswagen has a process for folks that want to license their trademarks (vw tshirts...). Anyone here ever approach them or have a current agreement?

Does Harley have a similar process?

Do they even deal with a little guy? What kind of a cut do they get? (assuming they love you and your designs... :)

· Registered
3,420 Posts
I know that Volkswagen has a process for folks that want to license their trademarks (vw tshirts...). Anyone here ever approach them or have a current agreement?

Do they even deal with a little guy? What kind of a cut do they get? (assuming they love you and your designs... :)
Me again....:) until someone comes along with all the correct info which I don't have here's a thread about Volkswagen that you may find of interest, the last post contains a link that may help you if you decide to contact them.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/plastisol-transfers/t109775.html

Hope this helps.

· Registered
7,118 Posts

I used to work for a company that had a Harley license. Needless to say, it's pretty big business. Their process is probably similar to VW. You will need to prove established production and distribution capabilities. It's unlikely they will deal with a little guy who doesn't meet the criteria. I don't know for sure, but I would think HD could charge over $10,000 (maybe more?) in yearly dues plus a royalty percentage. And yes, they will need to love your designs. Even if you get a license, every design you create will need to be approved before you can produce it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim, Thanks. That kind of info that is useful to not only me, but the community at large. Interesting that your folks paid an annual fee to be in the club, as well as royalty or %.

Would sure love to hear more from anyone that has a current agreement with HD, VW, or any other big player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.