T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be primarily selling shirts at local events and places while web takes hold. I will have the state business license (where I formed my business) and anything else required in my town.
Now if I go to an event over the state line, doo I need a state license there also?? And will I have to file income taxes for every state I go to?
Yes, I will be in a few states so it matters.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Since you are going to be operating in a few states, it's probably a good idea to contact a local accountant. They can walk you through the process.

If you are only selling at certain events in states where your business is not registered, you may be able to get temporary vendor's permits for those events.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Absolutely agree with an accountant consult~! As to sale tax license, yes, you will need one in every state you operate in. Some states let you file 'temp/one time' sales tax report if you are only planning on working in that state for one event.

You can apply for most of the sales tax licenses online and generally at no cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The companies that run the fairs may list the documentation needed on their web site or can provide it to you by phone. They should know the essential certificates needed in their state.

- Rachel, Me On A Tee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts