T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im trying to figure out what 16x20 heat press Im going to purchase.I was thinking of going to pro world and using the 200 worth of free transfers for forum members on the max.(plus it has free shippin.I also know from past experience they are a good with their customer service.then I start looking more and some have additional feature such as swing away,digital pressure..more room under bottom platen to slip shirt on,,,ect.please help.I dont care about the cost ,you get what you pay for!i usually like to get the best so 3 months from now i dont say if i had to do it all over id change it up.best machine for the money and functions is???

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hands Down #1:
Geo Knight DK25SP
SUPER HEAVY DUTY
I've sold a lot of these. Go for the larger size... you'll be glad you did when someone wants an over-all foil application or something.
Go with the air-operated automatic. Next time you do 100 shirts in a row.... you'll thank me!:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can't speak for the GeoKnight, it sounds like a great press. What I can tell you is that the 16X20 Maxx Press is awesome. I graduated to it after I wore out my 15X15 Trans Pro press which for the money was OK, but not even in the league of the Maxx Press. It is very easy to operate and the heat is very accurate. I am able to press large orders (300+ pieces) and use a lot less energy than what I had to use with the Transpro press. Like the previous post said Bigger is better, but if you are doing standard transfers and such the Maxx 16X20 will more than get the job done for you. Good Luck!!! I will probably be buying a second one very soon because I love this press and want to have a back up and a second press for the bigger events we do.

Just checked the price on the Geo Knight mentioned above.....It is over 3 grand versus 900 bucks for the Maxx....Unless you plan on doing a lot of all over printing this is a no brainer :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
......I dont care about the cost ......best machine for the money and functions.....
I replied with the best, ignoring the $ as requested:)

Now if there's a budget.... you gotta give in places. I still say the Geo Knight DK20.
It's not a swing away, but it opens up so wide, you could fit an elephant in there!
But not being a swing away, you gain that extra space "next" to the press.

No matter what press you decide on GET THE AUTO RELEASE FEATURE!!! It will save many a burnt garment!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello
We have been working with the hotronics 16x20 presses for a long time. We have never had any problems with them. Get all the bells and whistles for about $1300. Cant go wrong with it!!

BE GOOD
Darrell
Jalapeno Ink

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Our parent company has been using George Knight presses for years, and they've been great presses. They're tough and have lasted for a long time. We would and do recommend them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the same situation, i was thinking of purchasing the DK20s 16x20 swing away. Is the Swing away the best option. I'm a Newbie! Thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok I can see where the auto open would be nice.what about the digital pressure?does this come in handy?or do you just find a sweet spot manually and really never change it?for now im just going to be doing shirts/sweats.Im not sure if the people from pro world would extend that $200 free transfers for the maxx to another machine or not say like the hix 16x20 auto realease with digital pressure readout.($1425)I see recommendations for the geo knight pro world does not sell these.ill look around for the best pricing.Btw im have time to shop im not in a hurry.I want to get all the info i can before i make my decision.I appreciate everyones input.I also plan on doing rhinestones.dont know if that changes anything up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts