T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think I have Lesson #2 done, and we are doing Colored Rhinestones, and Colored Rhinestuds.
but before we get started, I just want to let you know,, I did a lil shopping around, and all rhinestones and studs are not equal, so if you get a bad batch of un shiny stones, keep shopping untill you get what you love.
Chris and I have put this together for you guys.
we will be working with Gold 3mm Stones, and Red Rhinestuds 3mm
We are keeping it simple untill everyone catches on that wants to.

1. Find the pattern below.
2.Copy the pattern off so you can use it.
3. lay all your goodies out, tonight I worked with the Exacto knife, and chris was right it is awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pattern shows what colors we are going to do, the heart will be red 3mm rhinestuds, i think they are way more shiner than the red stones.

the wings will be 3mm rhinestones..

ok here we go,,
remember put your pattern under your clear sticky tape,
tape should be face up,
I apply a piece of tape at the top of the clear tape to the pattern, to hold the tape in place, and it is a center non sticky point for me to put my hand on
start applying the where ever you are comfortable, i started with the red studs,, and the heart, i could not wait to get my hands on the red studs,,, lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after i got the studs on the heart, all 3mm, you could do 3mm on the outside and 2mm on the inside, or even different colors,
then i went to the wings, and put the gold stones in the wings,,
this took maybe 10 minutes,, to do this simple rhinestone/stud transfer.
I have the press warming up now, and will take a after pic, for you .
I have fallen in love with these studs, they are faceted, and very shiney.
If anyone has any questions, let me or chris know,, and we will answer what ever we can,,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kelly right click on your mouse and save the clean pattern,, in your pics or documents,, and then you will have it when ready,,
I don't want to say where the bad ones came from, but the suggestions in lesson one had the happy ones,,, lol

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kelly, It is magic to make that stud to stick to the exacto knife,, naww, it just does,, hows that for a answer,,,,,
it just sticks,,,
lol

You can get the studs from alot of places but I order mine from www.Hypnotikwear.com

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I myself ordered the clear, gold and siam rhinestones from that sight sandy jo and the clear transfer paper, so when I get them I will be ready to go :) I am excited, I think I want to make a kitty :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok here are the fininished pics,, of the heart with wings, and here is a couple shamrocks,, too, i did,
guys heres a tip,,
Dont toss your sticky tape when done Reuse, it,, I have reused mine 12 times over,, and it still has sticky left...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Haha I didnt respond because I was like here what? haha. Ok thanks so much sandy jo :) I will get right on it when I get them.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I have another question for you sandy jo, where do you get your artwork templates for rhinestones? Great job by the way with the heart and wings.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I buy them or make them, depending,, alot of the time i dont use the dots, just follow lines,, but thought i had better stick to dots, on here for a while, I buy them everywhere,, check ebay, or all the rhinestones sellers usually have patterns, if you dont see it,, ask them, that is where i started.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another great lesson, Sandy Jo! Thank you.

Hopefully, I am not getting too far ahead for some of the others, but I purchased a light box and it really helps back light the designs when I am applying the stones. Especially when you are using designs with solid lines and no dots.

~Roxy

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi Sandy Jo how is this for the first one done by my wife she makes her own pattarns even when I have 233 of them and she still will make here own lol. well this one sold for $14.00 just the transfer did not put on shirt was showing it to friends when one of them said they would like it so it is gone my wife is only doing one of A kind .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 354 Posts