T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So i'm looking into getting more enviro-friendly chemicals in my shop. Its a pain in the *** to find anything easily, and my google searches yield little information besides "bad bad bad VOC's".
Does anyone use Textil PV emulsion? apparently its non-hazerdous and biodegradable, plastisol resistant and water resistant post-exposed.
Also, recommendations on non-VOC inks? I'm probably going to steer away from plastisol style inks, as my prints are all getting larger and covering more area, and ultimately causing more sweat.
Pretty much, i'm looking for any recommendations on clean "green" shop set-ups, from emulsion to ink, and the range of chemicals and cleaners.
Someone help me out!

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Emulsion is tough. I hadn't heard that textil PV was biodegradable. It is a good emulsion though. As far as inks go, there are a number of manufacturers making PVC and Phalate free inks now. My favorites are Gen4 from International coatings, Matsui, and we're now experimeninting with Aqua Pura from WM plastics.

Also, switching to water based pallet adhesive is a no brainer. Not only is it safer for you and the earth, it works better.

There are also quite a few soy based an biodegradable citrus cleaners on the market.

The bottom line is, nobody is going to have a 'green' print shop. But we can surely take steps to make it a whole lot better for our health and the earth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts