T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently using Bella 3413 for a basic t-shirt....we are hoping to get into the wholesale market and need to get our costs down. Is there a better way to be buying t-shirts to save money? The discount for quantity break is 10,000....we are no where close to that.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
We are currently using Bella 3413 for a basic t-shirt....we are hoping to get into the wholesale market and need to get our costs down. Is there a better way to be buying t-shirts to save money? The discount for quantity break is 10,000....we are no where close to that.

Thanks!
Where are you seeing a price break only for 10,000 units?

Who are you using now for a t-shirt wholesaler?

www.alphabroder.com is a wholesaler that carries Bella without a 10,000 unit minimum.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
With Alpha, make sure they set your account up for Case Pricing, else you see Piece Pricing, which at Alpha is quite high. Most places I use give case pricing on all online orders by default, so it took me a while to figure out why Alpha prices sucked ;-)
Even at that, Alpha usually does not have the absolute best price on a given item, but they carry so many brands and have so many locations, that they can still be a good option. Also, their Fedex Flex Express shipping is the most affordable way to ship a small order that I have yet seen. S&S probably has a slightly better BC price, and they have some facilities in the midwest, too.

That said, at 10k you are probably referring to a deeper discount than case pricing. Out of my depth.

However, one suggestion might be to look at other brands. I use BellaCanvas for some styles, Next Level for others. NL tends to have better pricing, but it depends on what exactly you want. Let's see ... the NL version of that shirt would be the 6010 tri-blend ... it's only about $0.20 cheaper than the BC.

I would suggest considering a 100% cotton shirt from NL, which are much cheaper than the tri-blends. But I too am looking into going wholesale and have noticed that blends and tri-blends seem to be the norm, not 100% cotton.

I'm going to keep my existing retail price point on my 100% cotton shirts, but set a higher retail price for the tri-blends I sell. That way my direct retail customers can still find an affordable shirt, and I won't be undercutting my wholesale customers on the tri-blends or making too little profit wholesaling them. It's a theory, anyway ;-)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree, Alpha usually does not have the best price but in Chicago they beat S&S hands down with customer service. Have a last minute order? With S&S, it don’t matter! They are going to take 3-5hrs to get it ready. With Alpha, I have placed an order at 8:30am in the morning, walked in at 9:30 and it was either ready or it was already being picked and I only had a 5-15min wait. And NoXid is correct, after you get your account with Alpha you then need to call them and get set up for case pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts