T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of garment printing (screen printing, vinyl, inkjet transfers and so on) out of my basement. There is a store that primarily does embroidery and outsources all its other print jobs to other companies. They are interested in me coming in and either paying a set amount monthly or giving a certain percentage of my sales to them monthly. Right now I am leaning towards commission because Im not sure how much new business I will be getting. I read in one of the threads that 10% - 15% is reasonable for commission, will that apply to this situation too? I was also wondering what you feel would be reasonable for the rent/leasing? The store is about 20ft - 40ft and it has a pretty descent location that can attract a lot customers walking or driving by.

Thank you for you help

Yaw

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Go with a set monthly fee and you ring up your own sells. But why do they want you there? If you can do the same work in your basement and deliver the goods, setting up in their shop only decreases your profit and decreases their floor space. Do they just not want to outsource the print work anymore?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I know this response is many months late, things happen...

I thought it would be better for my business to have a store front because it makes a difference in perception for customers (some people get the illusion that products made out of a store are better quality or something?).

I worked out of the store for a while but I soon realized I was not making as much money as I did working out of my basement because I had to split my profits and I was not getting as much time to go out and find new clients and orders. So Im back in the basement and business is good. Hoping to get to the point where I can open up my own store and hire someone to manage it and take orders from walk ins

·
Registered
721 Posts
If I were going to share space with someone, I would want to pay a flat rate. I guess I just wouldn't want to open up my books to them. Also, I would not want to have any conflict if I made a sale outside the store, and they thought I should pay them commission on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts