T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been screen printing for about 2 years now. I bought a 6 color 4 station press and just sort of jumped in. My business is growing, I really can't complain. But I learned by watching a dvd....and it gave me the basics, which is what i've needed until now. The longer I am in business, the move customer seem to want and need. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to continue my screen pringing education? Should I take a class somewhere? If so, where? Should I buy another dvd? Which one? How have other peole figured this all out? I'm talking about half tones and 4 color process stuff. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello Keely are you only doing one color and two color jobs know, and do you know any thing about color separating at all. If not you might need to take a screen Printing class at a 2 year college in you area just for the 4 color pressing and the half tones, or ifyou know any one that dosen graphic can show you how to separate color for printing. See if this helps.
LaTonya

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we are doing mostly 1 or 2 color jobs....just the basics. I'm looking to learn more "secrets" of screen printing. How to do more advanced stuff. Any help or ideas would be good. I'm looking for like a 1 or 2 day class....or a dvd or book recommendation?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Go to an ISS show, Imprinted Sportswear Showcase. There's one in Schaumburg, Illinois in August. That's the closest one to you, but August is quite a ways away. Keep reading these forums, get a subscription to Impressions Magazine if you haven't already, and see if you can find any friendly local screen printers who would let you come check out their shop and ask them questions. It seems a lot of people in this industry are secretive, which I think is silly. If another printer wanted to come check out my shop, I'd welcome them. I get calls often from printers wanting advice on discharge and I don't mind at all.
Books seem to get outdated quickly, but there's always the ubiquitous "How To Print Shirts For Fun and Profit"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts