T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, this is like part 3 of my journey to print these last minute shirts now I am faced with a new problem..

I did a test print today and everything looked good except for one thing...

The color actually leaked the all the way through and is showing on both side of the shirt!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I mean if I don't apply more color, the design looks faded, but if I apply enough color, the design leaks and you can see it on both side of the shirt.

So yeah, I havent bought the shirts in massive quanitity yet, is it just a problem with the shirt? (navy blue, Anvil 100% cotton, pre-shrunk) Or am I missing something along the techinque part. I am using a 110 mesh screen, orange and yellow inks, and the emulsion is DC521 Dual Cure made by Image Mate.

Any help would be greatly apperciated...

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using Triangle Plastiol ink that I got off silkscreeningsupplies.com, its the Gold and Dolphin Orange color

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
das_king said:
So yeah, this is like part 3 of my journey to print these last minute shirts now I am faced with a new problem..

I did a test print today and everything looked good except for one thing...

The color actually leaked the all the way through and is showing on both side of the shirt!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I mean if I don't apply more color, the design looks faded, but if I apply enough color, the design leaks and you can see it on both side of the shirt.
Ben...... Navy is like printing on black shirts... In order to get a bright yellow and orange print on a dark shirt like that your probably gonna have to print a white base print first.. Then the yellow and the orange will be bright an full color on one pass...
....Good Luck... Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts