T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm totally new to these forums, and this business so I thought I'd ask your opinion on the layout of my company that will open soon. There is a screenshot of it at http://www.sammigirl.com/tmp/index.html

I know it's really pixilated, but it's just a GIF screenshot. I'm making one flash version and one HTML version. I'd love any kind of feedback you can give (I know it's hard to give much with just a picture). Thanks!

Peace and smiles,
Sammi

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
To start out with, dont make two versions of your site. Just make one version that is html based. When someone comes to their website, they want to see products right away. In the fast pased world of the internet, people are looking for info...and fast. Look at http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/biggest-web-design-mistakes-in-2004.html .

About your design... I think it needs improvement. I dont really like the color scheme personally, and it isnt clean enough for my personal tastes. All of your navigation should be located in one spot. Your customer shouldnt have to look in ten different places to find what they want. Make it easy for them, and put it all in a bar down the side, or across the top. Use a list down the side, like:

>> Cart
>> Contact
>> Designs
>> Ladies
__>> Product
__>> Product
__>> Product
>> Mens
__>> Product
__>> Product
__>> Product

·
Registered
140 Posts
I actually like the layout. I think it's different. I think it's too wide though, as it is. I do agree with jdr8271 that you should make it easier to navigate. Maybe you could keep important info such as cart, contact, designs at the top and put the other options on the left listed vertically. That way people don't have to search around for the basics. What cart system are you using?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
They layout isn't too bad... but as the others have said, it is a bit too spread out. I don't think it'd be a big problem to have your important stuff in 3 places (top, left, right), but 4 (add the bottom) is definitely pushing it.

You'll want to make it at least fit without a horizontal scrollbar in 1024x768; preferablly, 800x600.

I don't really like the font very much personally... and I think your tagline is a bit too close to your page title (especially at the T). I don't mind the color scheme; not my favorite, but it doesn't really look bad to me either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MadnessTees said:
Hi, I'm totally new to these forums, and this business so I thought I'd ask your opinion on the layout of my company that will open soon. There is a screenshot of it at http://www.sammigirl.com/tmp/index.html

I know it's really pixilated, but it's just a GIF screenshot. I'm making one flash version and one HTML version. I'd love any kind of feedback you can give (I know it's hard to give much with just a picture). Thanks!

Peace and smiles,
Sammi
Hi there,

Personally, I really dig the layout. The only problem I see (as others have pointed out) is the horizontal scroll bar. If you can get that taken care of, you should be in good shape moving forward.

Good luck in your venture,
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts