T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm using, let's say siser easyweed, vinyl to do layers will this work? If I press the outline first, then press the inside of the letter, would this be to much heat on the first pressing(outline). I think what I'm trying to say is, would the extra heat be to much and make the letters not stick after the second press?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So your question is if you press your first layer at (example 1,2,3 degrees) and then press your second layer at (1,2,3 degrees ) again, will it be to much heat that may cause the first layer not to stick?

No, the extra heat won't hurt i at all, if anything it'll help it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just press the first layer for about 8 seconds or so, then press the final layer for the full time. This helps keep the first layer from shrinking.

I agree - that's what we do - we don't press the first layer as long - but the second layer gets pressed the full time - and we even go back afterwards and repress all layers under a teflon sheet for about 5-10 seconds or so. I wouldn't think the extra press or heat would hurt at all.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I do as Misty and the rest says...press the first vinyl about 3/4 time then press the next layer. In my case I had several polo shirts that had embroidered logo over the pocket..looked great...only problem the shirt was a navy blue...not royal blue...so I had to eat the shirts...but I used them a self promos...put a small oval over the embroidery...then put my name...or a customers name inside the oval in contrasting color..did the press as I stated and it works great...and the customer gets a personalized gift...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to give it a try this weekend and I let you guys know how it went!! I appreciate the feed-back!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just press the first layer for about 8 seconds or so, then press the final layer for the full time. This helps keep the first layer from shrinking.
Would the 8 secs reflect using "siser easyweed" or all vinyl? If we were using flock would the 8 secs still be the same?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts