T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was turning down the temperature on my heat press to very low in order to clean the platen, when the led read: "OFF." I can no longer turn my press back on. Of course there is nothing in the manual about accessing the secret handshake to turn it back on. Is the machine done for? Does anyone know the secret handshake? Of course, I have a job due.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone in the future with this issue. Apparently while turning down the heat I went too low and the controller crapped out. Do not go lower than let’s say 250. I actually do not know what the lowest setting is (the manual is woefully inadequate). I had to buy a new controller and will attempt to install. Oh and btw. Do not ever buy a cricut easy press2 and think you can do a professional job with it. Absolute garbage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyhoo... controller seems to work. But actual heat is about 100 degrees cooler than heat setting. To be continued. Did they send me a defective controller or is something else wrong? Stay tuned for the dramatic conclusion to "Heat Press Woes." Of course I now have to ship back to Insta Graph ($$$) for repair because nobody can repair this in the entire northern area of California.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.