T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6,848 Posts
OK, well the place I couldn't get through to the place I was going to order from today, so I guess I have until morning to decide on the DK20 or the DK20S, just have to decide if $260 is worth the swing away...
I have owned swing away presses and did not like them....All my current presses are clam shells....But it is pretty much a personal preference that you can not figure out until you have used both for a while....

· Registered
502 Posts
OK, well the place I couldn't get through to the place I was going to order from today, so I guess I have until morning to decide on the DK20 or the DK20S, just have to decide if $260 is worth the swing away...
I think you're talking more than $260 for the DK20s. It weighs about 200 lbs so has to go freight, often at extra charge. The DK20 ships regular UPS, often at no charge. Some trucking companies charge extra for residential delivery plus for a power tailgate (unless you have a copuple of strong guys to lift it off).

If you're counting pennies, the most economical choice for a high quality 16x20 is the DK20. If you want to spend the extra $$, the DK20s swing away can't be beat in my opinion.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you're talking more than $260 for the DK20s. It weighs about 200 lbs so has to go freight, often at extra charge. The DK20 ships regular UPS, often at no charge. Some trucking companies charge extra for residential delivery plus for a power tailgate (unless you have a copuple of strong guys to lift it off).

If you're counting pennies, the most economical choice for a high quality 16x20 is the DK20. If you want to spend the extra $$, the DK20s swing away can't be beat in my opinion.
The exact cost difference is $260. Not counting pennies, I am counting $1400... It really is a small investment considering the amount of buying I do each week. I bought two guns just yesterday that wholesale for over $1400 but I have a good idea how much money I will make on them, how long I will have them in inventory and know what price I can get out of them quick if they don't move like I expect them to. Commercial delivery, and we muscle stuff off of trucks all the time. The big secret... 9 times out of 10 they send a lift gate truck anyway...

· Registered
400 Posts
OK, bought the DK20S...

Can you provide an update. Did you get the press?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.