T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get some information from within the forum regarding laser printing onto transfer papers for t-shirts (cotton/cotton blend) and synthetic sports type shirts/apparel. Been DTG printing for quite some time, but honestly,..the muss and fuss and serious maintenance for the white ink (to be able to print on dark garments) has always rubbed me the wrong way. I have a Neo Flex with both the textile ink printer and a separate solvent ink printer. While it's great for niche prints and short (say under 100) production runs, it's just so danged maintenance intensive to keep it happy for dark prints, that is got me looking for a viable alternative. I LOVE digital design work and all the design attributes that go along with that (drop shadows, glow edges, etc),...just not really feeling the love for DTG anymore.

I'm looking for suggestions from experienced laser transfer folks who have gone that route,...and can provide some solid intel on what to expect, as well as some ball park info on cost per shirt (light and dark garments please) to print digitally with a high quality laser printer that is designed for transfer printing. I'm just doing my homework before spending the money (as always). Thanks in advance for the pointers,...look forward to some helpful responses.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts