T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm laser transfering on mugs. Started with using Mugs-n-More paper or Transfer Ware CL but had a terrible time with it repeatedly pulling parts of the design off when I peeled. Tried various temps and press times but nothing fixed it. Now I'm trying CPM 6.2 paper from Magic Touch. It applies and peels beautifully but leaves a light residue where I left blank paper and didn't trim around the design real close. On the mug you can see where the paper was placed, it's totally smooth but you can see it. Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm laser transfering on mugs. Started with using Mugs-n-More paper or Transfer Ware CL but had a terrible time with it repeatedly pulling parts of the design off when I peeled. Tried various temps and press times but nothing fixed it. Now I'm trying CPM 6.2 paper from Magic Touch. It applies and peels beautifully but leaves a light residue where I left blank paper and didn't trim around the design real close. On the mug you can see where the paper was placed, it's totally smooth but you can see it. Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
They grey area around the print is called "background" and comes from your printer. What laser are you printing the transfers with? Some printers pull loose toner when they lay down their static charge that holds the toner on the sheet until it gets fused to the paper in the fuser. That loose toner is what is transferring to the mug as CPM releases all toner when pressed to the mug. Your printer may have a way to adjust the background but that may not be an option. The best bet is to trim the transfer close and only leave enough unprinted area to adhere the heat tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts