T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my laser point 24. Got it set up and running. I used the com cable connection. I can only print from sign cut elements.

Can I cut directly from illustrator?
Can I cut direct from Corel?
I've also tried Flexi 7, but I can't find the correct cutter driver in the production mngr. Can another cutter driver be substituted or can I download something for flexi from the web?

Please advise, thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Where can I get that driver, it does not show up in my production mngr.

Copy and paste this file in to your OutPut Drivers folder. Open Production manager back up, and it should now be there. Oh, you will have to unzip the folder to get to the file to copy it.

Not sure if yours is the same, but my destination is:

C:program Files/Flexi/OutPut Drivers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try the plugin later. I just got finished 35 custom names on family reunion tees. I've got 3 kinda intricate designs to do on 3 tees for the same order and I'm done. Cutter works pretty good, a little noisy. Had a problem weith the rollers snagging- think i fixed it. Really wanted the gx-24, but dollar for dollar, this aint a bad piece of equipment, this order paid for it! THanks guys. Oh btw, how about contour cutting?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'll try the plugin later. I just got finished 35 custom names on family reunion tees. I've got 3 kinda intricate designs to do on 3 tees for the same order and I'm done. Cutter works pretty good, a little noisy. Had a problem weith the rollers snagging- think i fixed it. Really wanted the gx-24, but dollar for dollar, this aint a bad piece of equipment, this order paid for it! THanks guys. Oh btw, how about contour cutting?
From what I understand, contour cutting with the LaserPoint can only be done with SignBlazer or SignCut, although there may be a possibility of having it contor cut with Flexi if David was able to get the Refine series to do it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sorry guys but I was not able to get the laserpoint to contour cut through Flexi. I can contour cut through Flexi with a Refine, but the Refine and Laserpoint use 2 different drivers and that's the reason I can with the Refine and not the Laserpoint.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Sorry guys but I was not able to get the laserpoint to contour cut through Flexi. I can contour cut through Flexi with a Refine, but the Refine and Laserpoint use 2 different drivers and that's the reason I can with the Refine and not the Laserpoint.
Am i reading this right..you can contour cut with the refine using flexi cutting software.... hmmmm.

One question how precise is the contour cutting on this?

Also what flexi version are you using? :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
good budget machine. but pretty annoying noise it causes, thats why I moved up to graphtec, but overall great starter. you might want to get a serial to usb converter, there is a common issue w/ the usb connection. It would stop and cut your vinyl the wrong way and freeze up. (just heads up) purchased machine in dec. of 07.

·
Registered
462 Posts
good budget machine. but pretty annoying noise it causes, thats why I moved up to graphtec, but overall great starter. you might want to get a serial to usb converter, there is a common issue w/ the usb connection. It would stop and cut your vinyl the wrong way and freeze up. (just heads up) purchased machine in dec. of 07.
Yes, great machine for beginners to get started. The USB issue is not common with most computer setups, but has been seen on a few. Only need the Serial to USB cable if your particular computer experiences this issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i hope i have time tomorrow to finish setting up my laserpoint.. i got the stand up but the cutter still in the box.. just been so busy.. which is good i cant complain.. but it seems everytime i get a new "toy" as my wife calls it.. i get busy.. hmm.. maybe i can use that to my advantage.. when it slows down.. i just buy a new "toy" haha :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got my LP 24 today, took it outta the box and built the stand. I installed SignCut X2 (which I bought in hopes of changing to Mac eventually) and hooked my plotter up via USB. My laptop doesn't have a serial input. The new hardware found popped up and installed the driver, but when I try and cut the head goes all the way to the right and hits the shutoff button -- EVERY TIME!!

Ken I noticed your post here, and will put a call in tomorrow - i'm guessing I'm suffering from need for a SERIAL TO USB cable, but I want to be sure before I make a purchase I don't need to.

I also tried to cut from a SignBlazer Elements trial (it crashed every time I tried to cut)

Now I have a headache - :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts