T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my laserpoint yesterday. I played with the software and it wasn't too bad. Kinda reminded me of Fireworks...BUT getting the drivers to work and SignBlazer Elements to see the cutter is a work in progress. I would hope for the $$ that the Roland product(s) are more easy to configure and use.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Give Ken a call, or put in a support ticket with your details. I had my laptop talking to the cutter in under an hour total time (I was very distracted with other tasks so I only spent a few minutes each night spanning 3 days). Had I NOT sent in a quick guidance request to Ken, who knows how long it would have taken to get set up. He helps folks out with these issues every day so take advantage of his knowledge I say:D

PC: Dell XPS1530
Cutter: LP 24"
Connection used: the dreaded "USB"

Reactions: tdprout

·
Registered
426 Posts
Grats to you TDP! Now your fun really begins. I am vending this weekend and I have spent my free time weeding the window clings I cut right before I left, I just could not resist making something "real". So far two people had one in their hand to buy, thinking it was an Iron-On T-shirt transfer:/ I guess I have done a very good job of advertising that I make t-shirts, they are so disappointed when I tell them that they are for windows. Tomorrow I will be making a sign to put next to them!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I haven't tackled the stand yet, that will be next week's mission:)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
master, what kind did you buy? Cutter?
and size?

I would like to know what everyone has and how long it took to get it all going,, and is anyone able to cut using Xara ?
Xara is a program like corel and illus..
thanks

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sandy jo if you are looking in to buying US Cutter make sure you get Signcut or Flexi programs!
SignBlazer\06 the company has went out of Business and there is no support from them .Only from the Uscutter chat forum. And I am not happy about this and now I am getting Flexi 8 program to use with the cutter Don't get me wrong I love the 24 Laserpoint machine just not the SignBlazer\06.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hey david,
Thanks for steering me in the right direction there, I have a cutter on my x-mas list,, I am scared to death of them as far as learning it,, dont know why, very intimadating,,, Dont want to pay the roland price yet,, but also dont want something , I cant pull out of box and be confused!
By the way it was good to talk on the phone last week, now i can put a voice with a name,

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone been sucessful in using the laserpoint option of "cut a print". Mines reads the registration marks then when I hit cut..no response...:mad:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
What program are you using? I have seen Signcut video and it cut but I have not tried that program yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yea, Sign Blazer works, but is kind of a pain because of the problems with not being able to turn off the trial version stuff. I think my laser has quit working, but I missed the call back from support Friday. So, I'll get with them Monday and see if I can get it resolved. Kind of wanting to see the contour cutting as I haven't tried it yet. As far as cutting simple text, its been surprisingly easy to use. I was a little timid about it at first too. Mainly because of the lack of documentation, but I pushed forward and figured if I get stuck I can always harass some of you guys that know what they are doing with it. Let me know if you have too much fun putting the stand together. Its not bad once you have a diagram of where things go, but I did it by trial and error. Now, I've come across some of the documentation online and it would be much easier with something to look at.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't get the stand.....glad I didn't..as EVERYONE on this forum as well as uscutter forum seems to have problems with it. So were you able to use the "cut a print" feature?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts