T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
TABOB,

Here is where my electrician is at with the wiring. He installed the new controller today everything heats up fine but when it reach the set temp the press constantly kick off and on non stop. The electrician is baffled. We have to power off because it doesn't stop unless we increase the temperature setting. Do you know what could be causing this to be happening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
but when it reach the set temp the press constantly kick off and on non stop. The electrician is baffled.
Your electrician is useless, because this is normal.
The reason for the constant switching is that the controller is set to digital mode (for a solid state relay).
For an analog relay set the "R" setting in the controller to a few seconds.
How many seconds depends on how fast the heat press can increase its temperature.
Lower is better, but it will shorten the life of the relay.
A higher setting will prolong the life of the relay, but the temperature will fluctuate a lot more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Your electrician is useless, because this is normal.
The reason for the constant switching is that the controller is set to digital mode (for a solid state relay).
For an analog relay set the "R" setting in the controller to a few seconds.
How many seconds depends on how fast the heat press can increase its temperature.
Lower is better, but it will shorten the life of the relay.
A higher setting will prolong the life of the relay, but the temperature will fluctuate a lot more.

Yes my electrician is useless!. I got it setup and working 2 days ago. I did some test presses tonight and after getting the pressure correct the press is pressing the way it should.

I haven't told my electrician that the press is working great now.

Thanks TABOB for all the great advise!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Poor guy.
At least he was willing to help... You have to give him some credit for that.
Most so-called "electricians" would simply refuse to help.
You are right. That company was the only one that called me back to do the job. The guy wanted to quit at least 5 times and made every excuse why the press wasn't working. All the excuses was a problem with the press not his electrical work. He even had the nerve to tell me that his boss wanted to get paid while the machine wasn't fixed. I read the contract papers to him stating that at the end the charges includes fixing the press. They charged me very well to do this electrical work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Not cool obviously.
In this case you are right... Let them think the press is not working.
They have been paid 75% of the total but he still has a more wiring to do then i will pay them the remaining 25%. I'm so so glad its working It's been over a year trying to get this dam thing working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Your electrician is useless, because this is normal.
The reason for the constant switching is that the controller is set to digital mode (for a solid state relay).
For an analog relay set the "R" setting in the controller to a few seconds.
How many seconds depends on how fast the heat press can increase its temperature.
Lower is better, but it will shorten the life of the relay.
A higher setting will prolong the life of the relay, but the temperature will fluctuate a lot more.
Good morning Tabob. I was looking to buy a similar heatpress for use in my bedroom here in East Sussex, UK. The vendor told me the heatpress does not use a regular/ normal electric plug. I was wondering if you could do the electric connections for me for a fee. If that’s not possible, what is the correct information I should ask an electrician? Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
The vendor told me the heatpress does not use a regular/ normal electric plug.
That does not necessarily mean 3-phase.
Regular UK household plugs are limited to 13A.
The heat press probably has a 16A or 32A plug, like the ones used for hot-tubs.
All UK electricians know how to do this, and will cost around £300.
 
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top