T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been some threads regarding the (relatively) cheap 16x24 format heat presses. I bought one from Canada on ebay, worked fine for about a year or so, then it just fried itself today. sparks and smoke, quite a show. A quick search for this form factor revealed to me that everything seems to be the same body (at least.) It looks like the handles vary a bit, but to a one, the body/clamshell is the same. they're all about the same price, too.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the slightly larger 20x25 formats. I really like the build quality on the GeoKnights, but it's almost three grand to my door. I think that Hix makes one in this size also.. I'd like to go to a swing away, but it seems that the price jumps up so extraordinarily for the larger size. I can't seem to find anything in the middle. Do I buy another $400 press and use it for a year before it blows up, or do I fork the dough for the nice unit that will probably last forever? My garment printer's bed size is 16x24, and it was often too tight to use the cheapie. (lots of burn marks on my hand.)

Can anyone offer some experience with the spendy GeoKnight unit?

thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know that geo knight is a highly reguard press by many people. I have heard of timer issues,but the company stands behind their product. I think continueing to buy a less expensive press can cost you more in the long run. I think buying a quality press you will find that the heating is more even and the finished product should look better. I know this would be the case with tansfers, but I'm not sure how much it will effect DTG images. .... JB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts