T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, thank you. a landscape press is when the long side of the press is nearest you as you face it & a portrait press is when the narrow side of the press is closer to you than the long side as you face it. to me a portrait press looks like it might be easier to work with. but not sure why anyone would design a landscape press in the first place.

· Registered
359 Posts
I have a landscape press. A lot of what I do are oversize designs that are really wide, so it's nice for that - it means I can press from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.

Doing long designs is a little bit of a pain, but as long as you grab the shirt at the bottom hem and shoulder, it's pretty easy to flip it 90 degrees and load correctly. A few burnt knuckles at first getting used to it, but it's not hard with a little practice.

· Registered
78 Posts
I have a landscape press. A lot of what I do are oversize designs that are really wide, so it's nice for that - it means I can press from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.

Doing long designs is a little bit of a pain, but as long as you grab the shirt at the bottom hem and shoulder, it's pretty easy to flip it 90 degrees and load correctly. A few burnt knuckles at first getting used to it, but it's not hard with a little practice.
Thanks Zenergy for the insight. I was wondering which press would benefit me most with my needs as well. My designs also tend 2B more wider than longer as well. Your advise has given me more insight in which may be a better choice for me. And if I need the longer length (portrait look) as you say ... you can just flip the shirt 90 degrees...right? Any problems with flipping the shirt 90 degrees and the shirt fitting properly on the machine? Is there any pinching effect (will the shirt be obstructive in the closure of the press when pressing) because how the shirt now lays on the machine and pressing the shirt?
Thanks for any more insight on this!
jonnyboy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.