T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to print some t-shirt for the ladies. I was advised by our manufacturer that single jersey fabric is not good for slim fit t-shirt coz it doesn't stretch. Now, he advised to use lycra blend, or 1x1rib, or interlock fabric for those ladies styles. This is our first shot in the industry, I am not really sure if rib1x1 is good, I only saw sleevless vests made from this fabric, not short sleeved t-shirts. As for lycra blend, I wasn't considering this option at all, we are thinking to use 100% combed cotton. What about interlock?? What material is this and how is it different from single jersey. Sorry if the question sounds really primitive, but as I was saying I am just a beginer. I hope you can advise me and help me improve my knowledge. many thanks

One more question, those who printing ladies t-shirts, what are the most popular styles: normal fit, or slim fit for ladies? (our t-shirts are related to sport fashion, they could be used as both street wear and for the gym workout)

·
Registered
968 Posts
We want to print some t-shirt for the ladies. I was advised by our manufacturer that single jersey fabric is not good for slim fit t-shirt coz it doesn't stretch. Now, he advised to use lycra blend, or 1x1rib, or interlock fabric for those ladies styles. This is our first shot in the industry, I am not really sure if rib1x1 is good, I only saw sleevless vests made from this fabric, not short sleeved t-shirts. As for lycra blend, I wasn't considering this option at all, we are thinking to use 100% combed cotton. What about interlock?? What material is this and how is it different from single jersey. Sorry if the question sounds really primitive, but as I was saying I am just a beginer. I hope you can advise me and help me improve my knowledge. many thanks

One more question, those who printing ladies t-shirts, what are the most popular styles: normal fit, or slim fit for ladies? (our t-shirts are related to sport fashion, they could be used as both street wear and for the gym workout)
Hi Akvi,

The suggestion from your supplier is very professional and adoptable.

Since your t-shirt is related to sport fashion, i may suggest you to choose cotton/lycra blended fabric, 95%combed cotton,5%lycra. Screen printing logo can be done. Also rib fabric and interlock is more stretch than 100%cotton jersey. The difference of them is texture because of different knitting. Slim fit t-shirt need slim cut, so at the chest position must be stretch enough to relax your body when you play sports, cotton fabric is soft and w/ good stretchable performance, some lycra included will increase the performance and do a nicer fit.

I saw most sports ladies t-shirt cut in slim fit included ours.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your advise Bill. I also find this advise thoughtful and appreciable. However, have you ever seen Afliction style for ladies branded Sinful? it's very rich dense material, slim fit, and it's quite stretchible. but says 100% combed cotton on it. However I can't recognize what type of knit that is. grrr... I think I will just ask the supplier to send the samples so that I can touch them, otherwise it's very difficult to decide for a newbie :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks a lot for your advise Bill. I also find this advise thoughtful and appreciable. However, have you ever seen Afliction style for ladies branded Sinful? it's very rich dense material, slim fit, and it's quite stretchible. but says 100% combed cotton on it. However I can't recognize what type of knit that is. grrr... I think I will just ask the supplier to send the samples so that I can touch them, otherwise it's very difficult to decide for a newbie :)
Hi Akvi,

You are welcome, glad to help.

:(i don't know the brand sinful, sorry.

But your point is right to ask fabric swatches from the supplier. You can make decision after you see it virtually. A whole shirt with the fabric made would be better.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

michellefanfan is right suggestion from your supplier is very professional and adoptable so i think you have to go with that. by the way recently I got a great offer in a newsletter. You can get 20 free Photo cards & 20 free photo prints via visit this link www.zerotofive.com.au/photocards.htm the offer ends soon but my friend registered and if you order prints before the end of the month you keep the credits for the cards. Get them for when you need them. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts