T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I recently ran into this problem with my Epson L1800, Before it was printing white perfectly, I always do my maintenance daily and time to time I clean my print head. But know it’s printing white but when I press it it’s not white white. I pressed on a black cotton T-shirt and on black polyester safety vest. I already tried cleaning my print head several times but same results. I hope someone can help me. I will put my pictures below .
Sleeve Font Pattern Graphics Brand

Sleeve Jersey Tire T-shirt Sportswear

Gesture Finger Tints and shades Font Thumb

Rectangle Beige Font Tints and shades Wood

·
Registered
Custom DTF Transfers
79 Posts
White DTF ink is made with titanium oxide, which separates more than the chemicals that are in other colors. This is a reason you'll see expiration dates on most white ink at 6 mos, but a year for colors. But many inks (especially the "no names") don't even bother printing a date at all, so you really don't know what you're getting. Also, in spite of what "they" tell you, you don't know how long the ink sat motionless in storage at the manufacturer, distributor, or in a shipping container. So you don't really know how much an ink has separated and settled. And you're supposed to roll the bottles to mix, not shake vigorously creating lots of air bubbles.

As a side note, many white tattoo inks use titanium oxide, a know toxin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What that looks like to me is called DYE MIGRATION, does the white look good coming off the printer? Or are you seeing issue before pressing?
If it looks good off the printer , before pressing, then I suggest using a little more TPU powder and curing a little longer, especially when pressing onto garments that are not 100% cotton. Also, there is BLACK TPU powder now, it makes a huge difference when pressing onto dark garments, check it out below:

I also found a really good step by step article regarding how to change a printhead in an L1800:

Hope any that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts