T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy blanks from a more obscure company (like a smaller private one that would be in a garment factory district such as L.A.)?

I buy most of my stuff from Continental, but would like a price point slightly lower w/ good quality.

Basically, I'm looking for t-shirts and other shirts that isn't "cookie cutter". Something a little edgy.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, Continintal has some good worn in stuff. I'm mainly using them for that. I just want to differentiate the material but stay edgy. And, I DID NOT like some of the stuff i recently bought from Alternative. Want someone other than them. The best thing about Continental was they didnt have a label on the neckline (Alternative did - which i subsequently cut off).

Thanks guys and gals

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Why not take a drive there, park on the roof of the San Pedro Wholesale Mart, and take a stroll. On a Saturday, it's fun, you see all kinds of deals.

Im sure you will find something, it is a whole different thing. :)

"aa" is not too far from there....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-BOT said:
Why not take a drive there, park on the roof of the San Pedro Wholesale Mart, and take a stroll. On a Saturday, it's fun, you see all kinds of deals.

Im sure you will find something, it is a whole different thing. :)

"aa" is not too far from there....
That's a terrific idea and something I will definately do at some point.

However......that drive would be about 3,000 or so miles, since I up in the Northeast right now....LOL. :p

I have friends that went there a couple times and got some really cool, shirts, with printed designs already on them.....for $5 !!!!! ....WTF, they bought them and marked them up at their boutique for $30. .....how on Earth can the designer get the materials, the print, down so low where they are making ANYTHING off of $5 ??? My cost right now when I buy from Continental is $5'ish, another $5-$7.5 for print... So, my cost is around $10-12. Is this a lot? I have no idea.

So, I really wonder if there is a blank wholesaler somewhere out in LA that is selling good, thin, soft blanks for $2 ....?

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
how on Earth can the designer get the materials, the print, down so low where they are making ANYTHING off of $5 ?.
The answer to that is "volume" :) If you can buy 1000's of t-shirts, you can get the price down for the garment and printing to sub $5.

For smaller quantities, you won't be able to reach the same margins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy blanks from a more obscure company (like a smaller private one that would be in a garment factory district such as L.A.)?

I buy most of my stuff from Continental, but would like a price point slightly lower w/ good quality.

Basically, I'm looking for t-shirts and other shirts that isn't "cookie cutter". Something a little edgy.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, Continintal has some good worn in stuff. I'm mainly using them for that. I just want to differentiate the material but stay edgy. And, I DID NOT like some of the stuff i recently bought from Alternative. Want someone other than them. The best thing about Continental was they didnt have a label on the neckline (Alternative did - which i subsequently cut off).

Thanks guys and gals
You should try
Three Layer Sportswear (Wholesale Hoodies, Sweatshirts, T-shirts, Crew necks, Polos, Tank tops)
Its a great place for wholesale hoodies and sweatshirts, blank t-shirts, crew necks, and polo shirts. Their wholesale and bulk pricing is very competitive. I strongly recommend visiting them in downtown LA.
They are located at 1246 S Main St LA CA 90015
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts