T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
We are getting ready to sell our 30 year old embroidery and garment printing business and have a Kornit 932 Thunder that has been discontinued by Kornit. They no longer offer a maintenance contract and I was wondering if anyone knows of a repairman that travels and can work on these? I feel I should try and find someone should they run into trouble or want to continue annual maintenance. This machine runs great, all day, every day.
Thanks!!
H

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kornit will answer your 932 questions on the phone. Techs Sid, Mike, Jerry, and Sharrone are the Kornit heavy hitters for help. I have a 932, and love it, but it needs TLC every so often. Kornit will come out and repair for a per diem, but minor issues can be handled over the phone. They can also take over your machine via remote session and fix things that way. The hourly rates aren't that bad.

But be honest ;) , if you really want to run a 932 well, you have to get to know it inside and out yourself - big time.

Too bad you're so far away from PA. I'd love to see that thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
We are the original owners and operators of our 932 so it has been well maintained. We only had them come here for the annual maintenance contract but I have changed out the mother board, hoses that run all the way through the machine, electrical parts and strips so I've definitely had my hands in it. We even have an extra cloned computer should this one go.

Maybe you would like to see it because I'm just not interested in teaching someone new to use it without full support from Kornit should it go down. Those guys are helpful but they are not making the parts anymore and it would be easier for us to sell just the embroidery business and the Permaboss laser. Gordon always said ours was the nicer kept machines he's seen every year at maintenance time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.