T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been experimenting with some of the printed shirts on my kornit. After drying the printed shirt, the print sometimes feels tacky, but doesnt smell of the fixation spray. If I rub the print with my fingernail, the print will eventually start coming off. But, I run it through the dryer again, it no longer feels tacky, but I am still able to rub the ink off. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks

· Registered
289 Posts
Hi I have been experimenting with some of the printed shirts on my kornit. After drying the printed shirt, the print sometimes feels tacky, but doesnt smell of the fixation spray. If I rub the print with my fingernail, the print will eventually start coming off. But, I run it through the dryer again, it no longer feels tacky, but I am still able to rub the ink off. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks
Are you using a gas or electric dryer? The shirt is NOT cured. How long is your shirt in the oven and what temperature are you at?

· Registered
19 Posts
me too. the producer of the t-shirts (Roly) is saying there isn't any poly in it. but the scratch make the color vanish (I mean, normal scratch, not heavy), expecially in areas where the black is printed without any percentage of white under the black zone.

· Registered
7 Posts
My thoughts are the same as the people above, curing. Loads of info out there on dwell time and temperature. ALSO, is it possible you are using too much pretreatment in order to make the print look brighter? Too much pretreatment can create to much of a barrier between the shirt and the ink which will not allow the ink to bond with the fibers of the shirt while drying. Or you could be laying down to much white ink. Backing off the white % in the art or single white instead of double white can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.