T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, using a Kornit avalanche hd6 at the moment, i currently have a lot of printing issues mainly darks and mainly hoodies and sweats, we have a lot of returns basically the ink is washing off after the first or 2nd wash, we currently cure at about 150- 8.30-10.30 mins.

Does anybody have any problems printing on Gildan Heavy Blend hoodies? especially black? The quality post dryer is appalling, i understand these are a blend with polyester and such but i have customers complaining of the print quality, and i admit i feel quite bad sending them out, i had no problems with these when i was running a Storm II and im struggling to find the right balance of good quality print with little dye migration but also good wash ability.

i noticed the wiping system seems a bit strange and isn't really wiping much fixation away, in fact it leaves a lot of excess behind and with me manually wiping the garment actually improves print quality pre and post dryer.

what are the weights positioned like on other machines? can anybody post some images of there machine and the weight setup?

whats the best way and setting to printing white on dark?

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same machine and are having the same wash out issues. Hoping someone has found a solution as Kornits suggestions arent working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
normally, when I print on hoodies I apply 65% fixation. If prints w/white try to dry 7-8 minutes 155-160ºC.
Share the results!!!

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, nomis89,

The cure time may not be long enough. I'm at 150 C as well, but I cure at least 12 minutes on Gildan 18500 hoodies. Are you using the eco ink or the NeoPigment? The eco inks have had some problems (reported in the facebook group) like you are seeing. If it's NeoPigment, then it's probably cure. 8.50 minutes is pretty short for 7-9 oz. hoodie fabric if it's really loaded with pretreat.

What's your pretreat % level?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I also have a hd6 and the same wash off problems with hoodies.
We are using promodoro hoodies with 160 ~ 10 min.
We also have the problem with tshirts but not that bad.
Spray is between 30-40%.
Did you guys have found a solution?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello to all.
Guys, didn't the service engineer, when starting up your machines, show you how much primer should be when printing with white ink? Didn't the service engineer say what temperature and time conditions should be when drying the product for the paint to dry properly ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
when printing with white ink, there is no single answer: "exactly how many percent of the primer ..."
There should be so much primer on the product that you can see "almost a puddle". Only in this case, the layer of white paint will not fall into the fabric. I have Breeze and Storm and train operators to apply the correct amount of primer to the product. For example, data for Breeze: sweatshirts 70 cotton, 30 polyester - 100% + 60%, sweatshirts 100% cotton - primer twice 100%. Denim jackets, 100% cotton - primer twice 80%. Black T-shirts 92% cotton + 8% elastane - primer from 60% to 100%, depending on the air humidity during storage of the T-shirt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
but the most important thing is the drying parameters !!!
The service engineer had to explain to you that the correct drying of the paint occurs under the following conditions: temperature 135 degrees Celsius, not less than 180 seconds !!!
To figure out these parameters, I use a thermocouple. I insert the thermocouple into the printed product and observe the drying temperature. As soon as the temperature reaches 135 degrees, I turn on the stopwatch and wait at least 180 seconds. Only then can the product be removed from the dryer!
I have a washing machine installed in my production and after the dryer I check how the paint holds after washing. If everything is fine with the paint, then I print the edition with the set primer and drying parameters.
Try it and you will succeed!
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts