T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
KNK USA has always stood behind their cutters and made sure their customers are satisfied with their new machines. In the past 6 years, I remember two situations in which overseas customers received KNKs that had been damaged during shipping. In both cases, the customers immediately contacted KNK USA and the problem was diagnosed. In one case a replacement part was immediately shipped to the customer. In the other case, Chad and Ron made a personal video for the customer to show her how to repair the machine so that it wasn't necessary to ship it back.
I waited 13 days for my email to be forwarded to their tech department, what are you talking about? How is this related to this thread?

If you ship something overseas it is just a piece of mind to make sure it works, especially if you make the machines in china.

In my past 20 years, I've purchase 2 IBM PC's and 1 HP PC that failed within the first day of ownership. In NONE of those three situations did it ever occur to me to open up and disassemble my computer! I didn't need a warning label ON MY COMPUTER not to do that! I simply knew better than to do it!
People learn to read, the machine was not taken apart by novice mom, or dad, or some old lady craft cutter enthusiast.

I can make suggestions on how to improve the Zing, not keep saying that it is bad, but if I'm being treated like trying to reverse engineer something of 399$ (there are better cutters you know) then that is really sad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Funny you say that because after my last response I looked at all the OP's postings. 6 days ago they join the forum and right out of the gate start in with whats inside all the different brand cutters. Even made mention in one post if my memory serves correct that they could build a cutter but software issues would prenvent them from doing so.

Hmmmmmmm.........
I have two other threads in this forum:

Obviously after being threated like this by KNK USA I began to investigate this cutter matter far wider, why expensive cutters are good, what make them good. Who manufactures what and who just puts their name on the front.

The information on the last posts if from local Roland representative, they also said that some customers obviously without their help modified their Roland cutters to increase the force to 350g for 24gx model because the head carriage is the same for all Roland cutting plotter models.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-cutters-plotters-transfers/t183827.html

I also started thread after contacting my local GCC rep, who claims that GCC is no longer "china type of cutter"

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-cutters-plotters-transfers/t183679.html

So what is wrong with that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If this would be posted on any CNC enthusiast forum, I doubt there could by any questions about the build quality. But I guess people that use the cutters know nothing about them then.

In a perfect word you have somebody to do everything for you so you don't have to

I send emails - they are not answering them.
I send photos - nobody sees anything wrong.
Then chad replied that he is an expert and taken many Zing's apart but fails to send photos for weeks until I start this thread.

What else can I say, if KNK is not replacing the machine, sending parts for fixing it, or giving money back say so.

This thread is not about ranting, it is for enyone else to make their mind about buying from KNK USA.

The photo 7 the chad refers to is actually made to show how bad the threads are made on the most important part of the zing, the parts that carriage slides / moves on.

So why nobody talks about it? Lets speak about why it was made like this, who is responsible for quality?

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
(there are better cutters you know)
Do you care to share them? Tell me what is a "better cutter" 14" and under than the Zing with an optic eye or without... Honestly their isn't... I've owned every kind of "craft" cutter there is... Zing hands down is the best of the lot...

What I don't understand if you knew there was a better cutter around then why buy the Zing?...

You also don't really explain why all your posts relate to internal workings of various cutters... You went on an about GCC Cutters and China parts versus Japan parts...

I can tell you most of us here use our cutters... We want them to work and work well and work for an extended time... The parts in our cutters I don't think 99.9% of us care where the parts come from as long as they work as we expect for as long as we expect...

I really don't know your fascination with the internal workings but clearly you have one...

6 Days ago you posted this asking that you were "looking for a cutter"

Then you state this...

"Furthermore perhaps anyone tested the carriage screws diameter with a digital caliper? It should be 4.00mm not 3.9x

That is because these screws need to be precision manufactured to fit the bearings, if regular screws are used then we can speak of no precision the manufacturer claims."

How do you know what diameter screws it's supposed to have?... More over why would you care?...

By this it seems to me you actually weren't "looking" for a cutter but rather had one and a digital caliper testing the diameter of the carriage screws... Otherwise why in the world would you ask such a question?... We are not engineers here... We use these machine not build them. I bet not a single person here has tested the diameter of their carriage screws I mean really?

I can tell you I've owned lots of cutters and I mean lots of various ones over the years... Even the cheap of the cheap of the cheap RedSail.

Never had an issue with a one of them... Certainly never took one apart...

If I were Chad given the other posts on the internal workings of cutters... I would be pretty skeptical too...

Kevin

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have to say, this is the FIRST time I have EVER used the ignore function in the control panel. Thank God for that option, don't know why I did think of it earlier!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Do you care to share them? Tell me what is a "better cutter" 14" and under than the Zing with an optic eye or without... Honestly their isn't... I've owned every kind of "craft" cutter there is... Zing hands down is the best of the lot...

What I don't understand if you knew there was a better cutter around then why buy the Zing?...
The better cutter is obviously the black cat it's the only one marketed as 950g of force and for cutting thick materials you need more force so you need to use a craft cutter not a Roland or Graphtec , unfortunately when I purchased the zing I did not knew about Black cat :(

What I don't understand if you knew there was a better cutter around then why buy the Zing?...[/quote]

You also don't really explain why all your posts relate to internal workings of various cutters... You went on an about GCC Cutters and China parts versus Japan parts...
Read my post 44 http://www.t-shirtforums.com/knk-vinyl-cutters/t183936-3.html#post1089069

I really don't know your fascination with the internal workings but clearly you have one...
Read any DSLR camera forum everyone who uses lenses professionally is also concerned about how many glass elements a lens has, what coatings are used, etc. Same for a cutter, if you do not understand the inner working like I was before purchasing the zing I had trusted KNK USA that even if the zing is manufactured in china it is good build quality all metal machine, unfortunately it was the opposite.

6 Days ago you posted this asking that you were "looking for a cutter"

Yes I still need, obviously the zing is non-usable.

Then you state this...

"Furthermore perhaps anyone tested the carriage screws diameter with a digital caliper? It should be 4.00mm not 3.9x

That is because these screws need to be precision manufactured to fit the bearings, if regular screws are used then we can speak of no precision the manufacturer claims."
Have you replaced any bearings? You know even CPU/GPU fan bearings in your PC can be replaced without expensive repairs of replacing whole cooler assembly.

Bearings have certain shaft diameters, they are standardized.

How do you know what diameter screws it's supposed to have?... More over why would you care?...
The plotter carriage needs to move in precision manner, that said the rollers are on screws that should be precision manufactured to fit the bearing to avoid free play. Typical screws however are not precision manufactured because they are not suppose to be used as shafts for bearings.

M4 screw is 3.9x mm; M5 screw is 4.9x mm.
Bearings require a shaft in size of +0.00 mm -0.025mm for it to work. Some require higher tolerances.

By this it seems to me you actually weren't "looking" for a cutter but rather had one and a digital caliper testing the diameter of the carriage screws... Otherwise why in the world would you ask such a question?... We are not engineers here... We use these machine not build them. I bet not a single person here has tested the diameter of their carriage screws I mean really? You're just goofy!
Since the carriage bearings should be serviced I just asked this question, I had hopes there are more technically inclined users in this forum that would be easy to measure and check. Obviously I had Zing by that time and asked because I wanted to know if every cutter made like this?

Summa cutter do use same design as any china made cutter, 4 screws that is. Maybe they use precision shafts for bearings, I just asked I can't check it myself since there is no summa cutter rep. locally.

If I were Chad given the other posts on the internal workings of cutters... I would be pretty skeptical too...
Kevin
I would never posted this if this was internally resolved by KNK USA.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The better cutter is obviously the black cat it's the only one marketed as 950g of force and for cutting thick materials you need more force so you need to use a craft cutter not a Roland or Graphtec , unfortunately when I purchased the zing I did not knew about Black cat :(
Well you didn't mention a better cutter at any cost... The Black Cat Cougar is nearly twice the cost of the Zing... I would hope it would be "better" if it cost nearly twice as much...

That said 950 grams of down force alone doesn't make it "better"... It's a 13" and the Zing 14"... Maybe in my mind that makes Zing "better" with the wider cut width...

I'm just saying...

Kevin

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.