T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I can only add my personal experience...

Every had a friend comment that they tried this new place to eat and they really didn't like it... Then you went and tried it and it's now your go to place... It happens...

I can tell you I own a KNK Zing... I've never taken it apart... Never opened then case so I can't say what's inside... I can tell you the little cutter can cut... I've owned many a "craft" cutters and hands down after actually owning and using the others... While the Zing is priced a little more than the others in some cases a lot more... The Zing hands down is the best little cutter I've ever owned!...

The problem with international shipments is between here and delivery that box might travel thru 2 dozen peoples hands... So who knows what your Zing went thru to get from here to there...

I can tell you Chad has always been very responsive to my questions... To me it's pretty cut and dry from what I can see and it's standard internet practice... We might not like it but that is how business is typically done...

We buy a product we pay to have it shipped... We have a problem with the product... We have to pay to ship it back... The company should be all accounts pay to have us ship it back and I can tell you... For $300 to ship it back I don't think Chad is going to loose too much sleep over it if there was a problem with the unit... But you opened it and took it a part... He now has no idea if the problem was really the cutter or not in the first place... Now he just has to take your word for it....

That's the problem... So the solution is you ship it back at your own expense and he ships you a new one at his expense... Probably not totally fair but as a business man to me that is reasonable... To me it's a gift if Chad were to agree honestly... I doubt Chad has a $300 profit margin on these cutters.. So he for sure will be losing money to ship you a replacement at his dime once he gets your "defective" unit back... I know it sucks for you because you paid so much to have it shipped to now have the expense to ship it back but I really think you took on that responsibility by opening the machine up... While I agree a warning sticker wouldn't hurt... I don't think that alone absolves you from opening the unit... It's pretty common sense when you open something up electronic you are voiding the warranty... My cell phone doesn't have a sticker but I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere just as it's posted on the KNK website opening the unit voids the warranty...

It sucks for you both but ask Chad to ship you a new unit and after the get's your old unit returned full assembled.... I really think that is the best you can hope for...

As for only taking bank transfers from international orders this is pretty standard business these days... Even when I import from overseas I have to pay by bank transfer... There is just too much fraud to take the risk these days with credit cards... It's just the way business is done these days when you are dealing with tangible goods... Now I will sell non tangible goods via a credit card still because I'm not out a significant investment of the product and shipping costs... But almost always tangible goods are done via Bank transfer....

Kevin

·
Registered
824 Posts
(there are better cutters you know)
Do you care to share them? Tell me what is a "better cutter" 14" and under than the Zing with an optic eye or without... Honestly their isn't... I've owned every kind of "craft" cutter there is... Zing hands down is the best of the lot...

What I don't understand if you knew there was a better cutter around then why buy the Zing?...

You also don't really explain why all your posts relate to internal workings of various cutters... You went on an about GCC Cutters and China parts versus Japan parts...

I can tell you most of us here use our cutters... We want them to work and work well and work for an extended time... The parts in our cutters I don't think 99.9% of us care where the parts come from as long as they work as we expect for as long as we expect...

I really don't know your fascination with the internal workings but clearly you have one...

6 Days ago you posted this asking that you were "looking for a cutter"

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-cutters-plotters-transfers/t183679.html

Then you state this...

"Furthermore perhaps anyone tested the carriage screws diameter with a digital caliper? It should be 4.00mm not 3.9x

That is because these screws need to be precision manufactured to fit the bearings, if regular screws are used then we can speak of no precision the manufacturer claims."

How do you know what diameter screws it's supposed to have?... More over why would you care?...

By this it seems to me you actually weren't "looking" for a cutter but rather had one and a digital caliper testing the diameter of the carriage screws... Otherwise why in the world would you ask such a question?... We are not engineers here... We use these machine not build them. I bet not a single person here has tested the diameter of their carriage screws I mean really?

I can tell you I've owned lots of cutters and I mean lots of various ones over the years... Even the cheap of the cheap of the cheap RedSail.

Never had an issue with a one of them... Certainly never took one apart...

If I were Chad given the other posts on the internal workings of cutters... I would be pretty skeptical too...

Kevin

·
Registered
824 Posts
The better cutter is obviously the black cat it's the only one marketed as 950g of force and for cutting thick materials you need more force so you need to use a craft cutter not a Roland or Graphtec , unfortunately when I purchased the zing I did not knew about Black cat :(
Well you didn't mention a better cutter at any cost... The Black Cat Cougar is nearly twice the cost of the Zing... I would hope it would be "better" if it cost nearly twice as much...

That said 950 grams of down force alone doesn't make it "better"... It's a 13" and the Zing 14"... Maybe in my mind that makes Zing "better" with the wider cut width...

I'm just saying...

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.