T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Smilem,

I just want to clarify something. We always do our best to support our customers and make sure they are happy. If a customer were to receive a machine that is not working, typically, they call to let us know. We will issue a call tag and have the machine replaced immediately. Anyone ordering outside of the US, would bear the responsibility of shipping. That did no happen, in this situation. This is honestly the first time we have received photos of a completely disassembled cutter, before communication has even begun. This is not an issue of us trying to enforce some silly rule, or rip off our customers. There is one fundamental reason for our policy on this: We can not determine what issues have been introduced when a machine has been opened / disassembled /tampered with.

When it comes down to it, the customer should always be happy; Good business is when both the buyer AND the seller can walk away from a transaction, satisfied. We will never take advantage of our customers, just to make sure our butts are covered. We have a reputation to uphold, and we wouldn't be able to maintain that good reputation, if this is how we handled ourselves.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, Smilem. I can empathize with you. I would love to come to an agreement where both you and us can walk away satisfied.

I've sent you a few emails now. Please feel free to respond at your earliest convenience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We can split hairs over what constitutes as disassembled or not. I will refer to image 7:

What we are looking at is the main beam in the KNK Zing. This would be equivalent to the chassis of a car. So if your Zing were a car, that would mean you would have had to remove the exterior, engine, interior, wheels, gas tank and anything else attached to the body. That photo shows literally NOTHING but the "chassis".

I have personally opened and inspected many Zings. I have not found any noticeable amount of metal filings. But, I'm usually gentle and know what I'm doing. I'm not going to say you DON'T know what your doing, but surely, you are not a certified KNK repairman. I don't now if you've stripped anything out while ripping your machine to shreds. Again, this comes down to common sense when dealing with a warranty issue. I wouldn't expect to get a new printer, (or even help in repairing a printer), if I dismantled it before calling support.

Since we're sharing emails with everyone, Your latest email to me:

Smilem - "I will be glad to return the zing cutter to you, if you pay the shipping.
The machine is in disassembled state now, do you want it to be put together, or I just wrap the parts and pack it in same box as I got it?"

What am I supposed to do with a completely disassembled cutter? Not only would I be taking a loss by refunding you, paying for shipping back; Now I have to, (or pay an employee), reassemble the machine you've taken apart. Even if you were to put it back together, I can't trust that you've done it correctly.

"...I want you to make payment to my bank account before I send the Zing, if you don't trust me then 50% before and the rest after it's picked up. Given the fact in KNK USA and my communication problems I have doubts you actually will return my money after I ship the machine..."

I haven't responded to this email, yet, because I'm really just at a loss. I hate to air this on a public forum, but you've really left me with no other option but to publicly defend ourselves. Forum posts like this are EXTREMELY damaging to us. With that being said, if I "bend the rules" and accept your terms of satisfaction, I'm now opening ourselves up to a whole new can of worms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.