T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a "barley used" KNK Groove-e Electronic Die Cutter worth? (Looking to buy one.)

They have a pretty high cutting force and they do engraving. Does anyone know if they will cut .02 Dynasub Aluminum? (I'm thinking not, but curious).

·
Registered
98 Posts
You might expect to pay approximately $100 less for a used Groove-E than a brand new one -- MAYBE a little less.

Regarding the aluminum you asked about -- do a test cut with a craft knife -- can you cut through it in about 3 passes? If not, then you probably will not be able to cut it with the Groove-E. Please remember, that this is only a rough way to estimate whether the cutter will cut your material.

Regarding the vinyl. There are quite a few places where you can purchase 12" wide vinyl.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Brenda. So then the $400 I paid for an 8 month old barley used one with extra tips including an engraving tip, was a good buy. :) I appreciate the suggestion on the metal. I doubt I'll be able to cut it, but I look forward to trying to engrave on it.

Randy

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just to clarify... even though the Groove-E only cuts up to 13" in width, you can feed up to 17" wide material into the opening. Thus you could still use 15" wide vinyl and then just have 1" allowances on both sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.