T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched out my old yellow ink to the new textile bright yellow. After I did this, I noticed that the yellow ink was not printing so I did a many had cleanings and still no yellow. I switched out the yellow ink bottle to cleaning solution to try to flush out the line. I flushed out the line and returned the yellow ink, and still no results. So I went back to trying to flush with cleaning solution. I noticed that the cleaning solution would go through the line normally but when it got to the damper it pretty much stopped. Does this mean that the damper is bad? I have no way to tell by looking at it if it needs to be replaced. I took it out and reset it back and the cleaning solution does not seem to get past the damper.

Can someone please advise?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
It definately sounds like a clogged damper. You can try back flushing the damper, but I would probably just replace it as it sounds like a complete clog. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much for your help...unfortunately, i tried to back flush it and tried again with the cleaning solution and again it sucks through the tube perfectly fine right up until it gets to the damper. It actually seemed to flow faster through the tube. I'm going to try to flush the damper a few more times and give it another shot.

Is the usual problem area with the damper the little circle thats inside the clear plastic?

Just out of curiousty, could this also be a problem with the waste ink tubes being clogged?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The dampers should not affect your waste ink tubes at all. The part of the damper that clogs is the silver rectangular piece inside the damper, that is the filter. You can probably see yellow particles on the silver filter if it is clogged. What is going on with you waste ink lines? Do you ever flush your whole system as part of maintenance? I flush mine about every 4 to 6 weeks with distilled water and cleaning solution just to get rid of any buildup within the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm new user to the forum...

I'm having the same problem, but the thing is it's happened to me 3 times this week, I've replace the dampers with fresh ones but still keeps clogging I'm stumped as to why it keeps happening.... I usually buy my ink 8 at a time, could I have gotten a bad batch of yellow?

I've had trouble with the yellow ever since I've gotten the most recent shipment of ink. I converted over to bright ink about a month ago.

Can any shed some light on my problem as to why my dampers keep clogging?

Thnx
Debbie

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I am so glad to see that the damper worked :) If you need any other help let us know.

Reactions: frommarz
1 - 7 of 7 Posts