T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So I take my machine in to have the print head replaced, eventhough I've printed less than 100 shirts on the machine, and now the thing won't print at all. As soon as I got the machine back home I was able to do a few head cleanings, print a few nozzle checks, and I left the machine on over night only to find the error eject light as well as all of the ink lights flashing. I tried turning the machine off and unplugging it but that didn't work. Also tried powering on and holding down verious buttons to try and clear this error but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions

·
Registered
88 Posts
Those symptoms indicate generally one of two things. In most cases it's caused by a dirty encoder strip. Try wiping it clean. A SWIPES eyeglass cleaner with some Windex sprayed on the pads is my suggested best way of cleaning the strip. You can also use a swab with Windex sprayed on. Remember to always wipe towards the encoder strip spring, never away from it. Make sure you move the print head over and clean the strip behind where it was. You can also take the encoder strip off the printer to clean it. Use a soft towel sprayed with Windex or similar cleaner.

Another cause is that the waste ink counter needs to be reset. This can be done through software that you can download here:
Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program
This adjustment program for the T-Jet should also work for your Kiosk. It will not, however, work for the HM-1.
Just follow the directions. You can reset the waste counter as often as you want. It will not hurt the printer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The waste ink counter reset sounds good and I'd like to try it but it seems that it's for the T-Jet. Is the T-Jet basically the same as the kiosk since they both use epson drivers? I would hate to execute the utility and mess things up worst.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The waste ink counter reset sounds good and I'd like to try it but it seems that it's for the T-Jet. Is the T-Jet basically the same as the kiosk since they both use epson drivers? I would hate to execute the utility and mess things up worst.
Same Epson 2200 head assembly. Can also use most of the same repair parts as the T-Jet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I found a proceedure to reset the waste ink counter on page 39 of the manual and it worked like a charm. I have a newer machine and there is a reset button inside the waste ink door. Thanks so much for giving me the insight to troubleshoot the waste in reset.

For those with this porblem in the future here you go.

1 Ensure that the printer is in the loaded position

2 Turn the power off at the control panel of the printer, leave the printer
connected to the main power (plugged in)

3 Press and hold the error eject and reset switch, and while holding them, turn
the power on.

4 The error eject and the seven ink lights will start to flash.

5 Release the error eject button and reset switch and then quickly press and hold the reset switch again for over 10 seconds.

6 The error eject light, power light and seven ink lights will turn on for 2 seconds.

Once the printer starts going through its normal initialization sequence, you can release the reset switch.

The waste ink counter has now been reset.:p

·
Registered
88 Posts
You'll actually find it much easier to do with the adjustment program I mentioned as it's all software done through your computer. The manual method you describe is the same that T-Jet users used to do until the adjustment program came out. The problem with the manual method, besides taking longer and being less convenient, is that many times you had to set it several times until the reset caught.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yep I agree with printerguy, if you have the kiosk maintenance program you can just reset it with a click of the button. I have the hm1 and it is in the software.

Bobbie

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Actually I found a proceedure to reset the waste ink counter on page 39 of the manual and it worked like a charm.
Holy smokes - we actually put something useful in the manual!!!!!

You will notice that the back of the manual has a trobleshooting guide that describes the symptom, solution and, where possible, prevention of the problem in the future.

Glad you are up and running.

By the way, the steps to reset the waste ink counter on the newer Kiosks are not the same as on the T-Jet's 1 & 2 - those are the standard Epson methods. It only takes about 30 seconds to reset the waste ink counter on the newer Kiosks and you don't have to open a service program to do it.

Happy Printing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got an HM1 about a week ago....been working GREAT, now the waste ink counter needs to be reset and the maintenance software does not work....is there a way to do this manually??
Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Jrzy,

Just wanted to check to see how your maintence program worked after I talked to you? I hope everything worked well :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got an HM1 about a week ago....been working GREAT, now the waste ink counter needs to be reset and the maintenance software does not work....is there a way to do this manually??
Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have the exaxct same issue, 1 week old and we need to reset the waste ink counter, but the software is not working. Have you solved your issue and if so, how please?

Thanks,
Riaan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey give me a call 540-645-1399...dont have time to post back and forth....easier to tell you on the phone

Hi Jeremy,

I have the exaxct same issue, 1 week old and we need to reset the waste ink counter, but the software is not working. Have you solved your issue and if so, how please?

Thanks,
Riaan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts