T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through every thread I could find regarding a DTG Kiosk printing rainbow bands....

Nozzle checks are perfect, I replaced the encoder strip, capping station, pump, wiper blades, no ink on the outside of the print head. I cleaned the roller under the front of the carriage and blew air through the slot on the back of the carriage. Still printing rainbows every 2nd or 3rd shirt.

Any ideas short of replacing the print head???

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Do the following:

Clean/replace encoder strip
Clean gears on the CRM - the motor that drives the carriage back and forth
Clean the slots on the belt that drives the carriage back and forth
Clean and oil the rails that the carriage rides back and forth on

If you need more in depth directions - email me and I will send you a PDF on the process.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don, I just called and left a message for tech support.

Encoding strip was replaced and wiped both side with windex. CRM gear was cleaned with windex and a tooth brush. I blew air through the slot on the back of the head and wiped and oiled the front and rear rail.

Didn't try cleaning the slots on the belt itself but the belt did not appear to have any dirt/debris in the slots that I could see. I'll try cleaning the belt with windex/toothbrush tonight.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Harry, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when I get home from work. We're thinking it might be the carriage motor causing the problem, it's not perfectly smooth going back and forth. I've cleaned everything I can clean and it's still printing rainbows every couple of shirts so we'll try the motor when it gets here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the carriage motor when I got home from work, printed 15 shirts already and it's working perfectly now. I had noticed that there was a little bit of jerkiness when I would slide the carriage back and forth for the last couple of weeks, now we know why. I'll have to order a spare carriage motor to keep on hand.

Good call by the SWF East Tech! Don, please pass my thanks along!

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you want to avoid the motor going bad or prolong it's life, make sure to keep the belt and the gear that is attached to the motor clean or free of fibers and ink. The more contamination there is the harder the motor has to work to move the carriage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts