T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a refurbished kiosk ii from SWF EAST two weeks ago and I finally got it up and running this week. Everything was good until I tried to print color. I printed a brown bear on a white shirt and it came out green. So I decided to print a strip of rainbow to see what colors it could print. It gives me the same greenish blueish yellowish color scheme each time. I have a red and blue logo and it come out teal and yellow. WTF SWF LOL OMG but seriously CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!!! I can send pictures if you need.

P.S. - I was on the phone with a "tech" after waiting a good 3hrs. and the only solution was to do numerous head cleanings and nozzle checks to no avail.

I run a business and I don't have time for this shirt. Just a little dtg humor, but seriously guys HELP ME!!!

·
Banned
487 Posts
Post pictures of your nozzle check, printed shirt, and artwork. what software are you using to design the shirt? What color pallet are you using to select your colors?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
When you attended training they showed you how to do a nozzle check. If the nozzle check is coming out good then the issue is color profile related.

What program are you printing from?
What is the source profile for your image?
What source profile are you selecting in the RIP?
Are you using the Print to or Print From feature of the RIP?

If you can provide me with further info on who you are (PM is fine) I can look into the tech support records and see if the tech may have missed something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okaaaaaaaaay! I had to take my machine half way apart, and can anyone guess what the issue was???
the printhead was setup wrong?

I had a problem and for a whole day I couldn't figure it out until I started to take my printhead out...

I had the red where the yellow was suppose to go and I had yellow where the red was suppose to go.....

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Valuable lesson learned here. When asked about your nozzle check, make sure you are actually looking at the nozzle check when you reply to the technician. We had mistakenly crossed two of the lines when the machine was refurbished. Since we only print with a single color of cleaning solution to verify that the machine was functional we did not catch this in our pre-ship testing. It is only the second time that I know of this happening. My apologies for the error, glad that you are back up and working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I AM NOT BACK UP AND RUNNING. There were more issues than swapped lines. The RIP PRO SOFTWARE is not accepting any files of mine. Not jpg. pdf. or psd. anything. This is now 2 complete weeks without a single print I can sell.

Can you help me now?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I will help. Just checked you are number two in the support queue right now.

What has changed since a couple of days ago when you were printing from the RIP?

From the notes in the system I see that your first support call was actually only one week ago and it was regarding software installation. The next call was on Monday regarding configuration of the RIP - which we walked you through. That would indicate that the printer was not up and running until about 72 hours ago, not two full weeks. I apologized for the crossed lines - and was honest in my reply regarding the mistake. Honesty on your part would be appreciated as well.

Tech support will be calling you shortly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I want is for my machine to work, I received a call from a tech and was told I needed to talk to the people at iproof. After getting told it was not I proof's problem I was told it was something SWF needed to handle.

If you are a tech of some sort could you please call or email me since who I am is no secret anymore.

I do appreciate the help you have tried to offer along with my sales rep and certain techs.

If you would like I can send you or some of your people the screen shots of what I am getting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the software would completely freeze up and shut down with any file before it even could create a preview in that window.

What I was doing so everybody knows, I was creating my files on a mac and transferring them over to my computer that is linked with my printer (a 'PC'). I dont have any design software on the PC but I figured since the software could read almost anything but pdf's that I was good, but it proved me wrong.

What I figured I could do without purchasing an all new design software was get the trial version of the new cs5 on the PC and just tweak all the files as I bring them over that has worked pretty good for the last hour except for some color issues, do you have any suggestions for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, there it went, its not printing anymore. The bed ejected and kept ejecting. If it wasn't connected the whole bed would have dropped out. I am truly disappointed at this point.

I was doing some test prints on a black shirt and it worked a couple times then it started printing my white image at one location and the color in a completely different location. AND THIS IS AFTER THE SOFTWARE HAD BOTH FILES IN THE QUEUE.

Also when it laid down the white ink it blurred it as if it was printing double.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The RIP software supports raster images directly - BMP, TIF, JPG, PSD, it does not support vector files like EPS, AI or PDF files, this is a seperate import filter that is sold directly by the software developer in order to help keep costs down to the enduser as it requires licensing.

I just checked and you are first in the queue for DTG support this morning.

We will get things up and running, we've sold nearly 2000 of these machies from here in Tampa and have a dedicated tech support staff that can resolve virtually any issue, especially on Kiosk II as we have nearly 4 1/2 years experience with this product. As I have posted numerous times on these forums before, always give yourself time and resources to get comfortable with your direct to garment printer - regardless of brand or model. I tell my customers to buy a case of dark and a case of white shirts and practice on them to get comfortable with the whole process. By the end of the cases you should be proficient with the software and your machine. Expecting to produce sellable output right away is a recipe for frustration and potentially failure.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Don-

So what you are saying is that Mr.President does not have the RIP program that the rest of us has?

exactly what RIP version does the refurbished machines come with?

From the sounds of his problems, he is gonna have a tough time getting colors to look right and is going to have horrible results.. I know this first hand because a majority of the artwork that is sent to me looks like crap and I must vectorize it (.eps or .pdf) in order for RIP to print it out good.

Since we bought new and not refurbished and paid for the licensed version we can use almost any type of format and RIP does fine it will take the files but the colors will be determined vector vs raster.

So how is this customer going to be able to print decent prints with his version..if this is the case that he didn't receive the licensed version of RIP

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Pat,

We include a brand new package of RIP Pro version 4 with refurbs just like we do with new machines. The Print From feature of RIP Pro supports raster images like TIF, PPG, BMP, PSD. iProof (developers of the software) offer an upgrade to also allow for vector files and PDF's. There is no difference between what MR President has and what you have (assuming you have downloaded the latest rev of version 4) and what someone buying a new printer would have.

Hope this clarifies things.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
yes and no..

I use about 80% of my files are vector.. we import .eps and .pdf either into corel or adobe and they print just fine in RIP

We do not have to change the files to rasters and we have yet had any file be rejected by RIP

Is Corel changing this .eps files into raster before it is printed??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts