T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, here are the symptoms:
Kiosk powers up fine, doing the Epson head clean and ink waste routine. Then you press 'load' and it starts another head clean - after which the Error Eject light flashes slowly, either on it's own or in time with the power light.
Trying to print with the RIP (print pro) result sin the RIP saying "Device not connected".

I've tried;
Replacing the encoder strip (twice)
Cleaning the encoder wheel
Cleaning two sensors on bottom of tray
Re-oiling the carriage guides
Removing and re-installing driver

Any suggestions (apart from 'burn it') welcomed..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know its been a while, but what did you do to finally fix this? Mine is doing the same thing, and all the tech could tell me is send it back and I will see what I can do.
I finally found the problem as the print head and cable are shorted out, must have got some fluid in there and it nuked itself.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
A "nuked" printhead and ribbon cable would most likely indicate a "nuked" mainboard. The printhead and mainboard are connected via the ribbon cable, short one and you most likely have shorted them all. Continual head cleanings, printing motions without ink coming out and unexplained error ejects are 3 good indicators of a damaged mainboard.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same thing, after flushing head, and dafinitely cause of problem was wet flat cable. After disconnecting flat cable, cleaning, drying and correctly connecting again everything was just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well i replaced a print head and ribbon cables today, and thankfully everthing worked. My only problem now is my black ink isnt printing, I get half a nozzle check, then nothing. Back to read the forums i go.

Don, please tell me if it prints at all my mainboard is fine. Id hate to have to buy a mainboard just to print black ink.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
When my mainboard on my hm1 went out it did not print anything, it only acted like it was :) so you should be fine ;)

It sounds like you possibly have a clogged damper or some ink buildup in your printhead. Try cleaning the bottom surface of your printhead with a foam tip cleaner and cleaning solution. If that does not work, try putting some solution in your capping station and let it soak that way for a little while, alot of times this will clear it out. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Chevmeister

·
Banned
487 Posts
Are you sure that you got the dampers set all the way down? Also are the brass nuts tight? Are the "O" rings on the line connecting to the damper and are they in good condition. I would say that if you are getting some nozzles to fire the motherboard is working. Make sure you have the black primed well!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Well i replaced a print head and ribbon cables today, and thankfully everthing worked. My only problem now is my black ink isnt printing, I get half a nozzle check, then nothing. Back to read the forums i go.

Don, please tell me if it prints at all my mainboard is fine. Id hate to have to buy a mainboard just to print black ink.

Your mainboard is fine if you are getting all the colors and partial black. Black is the nozzle closest to the inside of your printer. Your capping station is hinged from the outside to the inside of the printer so when it comes up to seat under your printhead the black nozzle would be at the outside edge of the capping station. If the capping station is not coming up all the way or the gasket is not seating properly it would cause the black symptoms you are having. Check your capping station carefully. Your issue could also be your black damper. Take a syringe, stick it in the bottom of the damper, and suck out. The ink should pull out freely. If you feel its hard to pull you may want to replace the damper. You can also remove the damper from the ink hose, stick the syringe in the black ink hose, and check that it flows easily from the hose to eliminate a crimped line being the problem.

Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts