T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replace head on a Kiosk2. Nozzle check perfect, rip/printing an existing file colors are not correct. But if I print the same file that was ripped previously printing correct colors!
I changer Pump capping station, Every thing is printing correctly from old ripped files it is only on newly ripped files! Like I said every thing looks correct in the preview screen but is not printing correctly!
Red printing yellow
Black printing redish tint!

Using Rip Pro V.03
Color management the same in Corel, File looks correct in preview window in Rip Pro but does not print correct. What could be causing this?

Is Fred out there? If so Fred can you tell me why the preview would look correct but the actual printing is not! If I Print the same image from a previously ripped saved file it prints correct! Now if I re rip the file the colors are not correct. What I see on screen is correct and the Color management in the graphics software is the same! Is there anything I can look at in Rip Pro to see if something has gotten messed up?

TIA
Brian

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Brian,

There must be a setting wrong in your Rip that's changing your output.
Double check all your settings in the RIP as it sounds like its attaching the wrong output profile.
Check to see what settings the original RIPed file contained and compare.

If your original file prints as expected then your printer is OK after your print head change.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
All the setting seem to be correct! I am definitely thinking it has to be something in RipPro but just can not find it!

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Mark I noticed that after I changed the print head!
No file print correctly that are now ripped!
I took some of the files over to another computer and ripped them and they are printing correctly!
Setting I see in RipPro look the same. But I am not really sure being the computer giving me the problems is an Vista Machine and the other is XPpro! I now have it narrowed down to the software, but before I re-install it I would like to find out what to check!

Brian

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I was thinking since you changed the print head that you may have accidentally switched two ink lines?

Since its' printing correctly on the XP machine then it may be that your ink configuration order is different on one platform.
Check this under Utilities/Ink Configuration.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Thanks Pat.

Himmm...very odd, I find it kind of coincidental that this happened right after you changed the print head.
Since it prints as expected on the other machine your hardware (printer) must be fine.
That said, I know it would be nice to track it down, but it would be much less painful to just reinstall the Epson driver and the RIP.
It may be Vista decided to play havoc on the print driver or RIP at the same time you changed your print-head? Stranger things have happened.

Remember your validation code is stored in the RIP so it's easy to do.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark,
If I create a block of CYMK and let Corel print directly to the epson printer it is printing everything except the cyan! So I would think that the epson Drive is correct. When it didn't print the cyan I then change the color to Navy Blue and it printed! My thought is that the issue is in the rip pro software or the registry, what are your thoughts? I hate to uninstall and reinstall and the same problem being their!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Printing directly through the print driver will throw you off since the expected colors are not the same as the OEM machine in addition you have white ink in between the color channels.

My thought is that the issue is in the rip pro software or the registry, what are your thoughts? I hate to uninstall and reinstall and the same problem being their!
Right, but at this point it may be the last thing to try.....since your printer works on the XP platform.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Mark Fat Kat told me there is a repair on the CD I just ran it and will see shortly if it is printing correctly after running it and rebooting!

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well after running the repair it is now printing correctly! I would like to thank both of you for your help and time!

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts