T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have bought a King Plotter\Cutter of which the manual identifies as model EX721.

I've got ARTCUT bundled with it and I'm using the serial port connection.

However I cannot get the cutter to work at all. At times the software appears to be sending data to the cutter, others it just doesnt do anything.

I really need this cutter to work an I know that the previous owner had it working perfectly.

I'm at my wits end to be frank.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: King EX721

Using the Serial cable? How many Serial ports do you have on your computer? If you only have one, you should set ArtCut to communicate through the COM1 port. If you have 2 Serial ports, it may be COM1 or COM2. Also make sure the Baud rate for the cutter matches that in ArtCut when configuring the communications port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Using the Serial cable? How many Serial ports do you have on your computer? If you only have one, you should set ArtCut to communicate through the COM1 port. If you have 2 Serial ports, it may be COM1 or COM2. Also make sure the Baud rate for the cutter matches that in ArtCut when configuring the communications port.
Well, my last COM port address stops at Com64 lol.

However, I am using serial port and I've had it on both com1 and 2. All the the comms settings match perfectly.

·
Registered
462 Posts

COM1 and COM2 are usually reserved for a 9-pin Serial Port. The higher COM port numbers are usually assigned to devices using a virtual COM port, such as a Sync device, USB serial convertor, etc.

Have you tried multiple Serial cables?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts