T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Probably sounds like a silly question, but this is not my forte! Do you have a computer program to keep track of your inventory? What you have, what is ordered and on it's way, what you're low on etc. etc.

I'm a complete dork when it comes to this type of thing and I need all the help I can get.

Just starting up, I have 10 designs on S,M,L,XL shirts, but the buyer doesn't get a choice of multiple colors. In other words, one design is on one specific shirt color and so on.

Thank you!!!

Alicia

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are several differnt ways to keep track of inventroy. Are you looking to just track the physical shirts that you have on hand or are you trying to track them for accounting proposes only? If you are trying to track for the accounting then you there are 2 popular methods to track the cost. First in First Out (FIFO), records the cost of the shirt as you sell them based on the first ones in your inventory. So if you get three diferent shipments of the same shirt and you still have ones from your 2nd you, would take those shirts out of your invetory before the ones from the thrid shipment. Now I am only talking the cost and not phsyical shirts here. Now the otehr popular one is Last In Last Out (LIFO) works just like FIFO but in reverse. Hope this helps

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've got three designs I'm working with and the customer will have the option to put the design on one of two color shirts.

I just put together an excel spreadsheet so that I can keep track of everything without having to buy some software. Shirt design on the vertical axis and shirt size (and color) on the horizontal axis. The cool part is that you only need to build it once and then you can copy and paste it for other purposes. For example, I've got the original table telling me what I've got on hand, then I made a duplicate to place items in as I give them away, and I've got another duplicate to track what I sell in each size and color. If I start moving mad volumes then I'll more then likely need to upgrade but it'll do for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts