T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do vinyl and inkjet/plastisol transfer shirts. What do you all do to keep business up during the fall/colder seasons?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Contact schools to see if you could setup at there home games offering garments with the school logo on the and give them commission for every peace sold. I do it using embroidery and heat transfers. For each item sold I give them 20% I also sell there school logos in the store and I have to give them 5% to use there logos.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
We have been doing yard signs and face masks to stay alive. First we did graduation signs, now political signs, in the spring we will do graduation signs again since no high schools are going to open here this year.

In normal times we do clubs, schools, letterman jackets, business applications, promotional products. There is no off season anymore for us.

·
Registered
442 Posts
From what I have observed, artists of all types, when it get cold at home, flock to Florida.
In essence they go where they have access to people.
What will work for you is:
1. What/where is your access opportunities. C-19 has changed the landscape.
It would be reasonable to assume that in 2020 you know you must be building LISTS to create a sustainable business. Your list should be segmented to identify business owners of all types, and citizens perhaps gender also. All get seasonal messages while the B2B receive special offers.
2. What is your deal.
So, why would any citizen want to give you their money. After all Walmart has apparel. I do not suggest relying on the "SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSS' appeals to save your business. I do suggest support local artist 'DeAngelio' by purchasing this 'limited edition' hometown graphic just in time for the holidays. Do not overlook those seeking gifts for grandkids and extended family. Have 'your deal' easy for them to give you money.
3. You need to spend money to make money
Where are you spending your marketing dollars? 15% of your income should be committed to marketing. I suggest BUYING traffic for a website that is designed to sell. Although it is my opinion that CPA via Google is best suited for big ticket high profit services, it is a place to begin.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You jut have to be creative.
Tote bags for example are an all season item. There are many things you can print.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a cool idea for sure. I'm trying to get as creative as possible with my T-shirt designs.I'm trying to be as creative as possible since I'm working exclusively from home now and all my designs are based on Internet searches and no real close-up looks to other staff! Of course that doesn't discourage me and to be honest the time that I get to spend with my family is quite increased compared to when I was working in my office. The only real struggle is the ongoing late payments that I'm getting from clients so this has made me re-plan my future expenses and I couldn't do it without the help of cash flow forecast , as they have a very nice and free function, but you can also use if you need to plan your payments and expenses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts