T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'll give you the brief overview before I get to my question. Thanks!

I'm starting a new clothing line that will mostly be sold online. At the moment I have the branded apparel on my company website that I'm completing over the next couple days. I built a landing page for the collection of garments I will be selling for this. I would prefer to keep it part of my current business at least for the time being. If it goes really well, I will probably separate the two and have 2 websites.

My question is this: I was thinking about starting a new business facebook page dedicated to the new brand and link my e-commerce site to facebook, that way people can see my entire collection right from facebook. Obviously once they purchase they will see that there is a parent company that sells the branded apparel. Does this make sense to do it this way or should I just advertise on my current companies facebook page?

I did purchase a domain name for the new brand that will link to the landing page on my site. I know some might think I should have kept everything separate, but I just don't want to do that for organization and tax reasons.

Thanks for your input.

· Registered
2,667 Posts
I think that's a good plan. If your new branded line might appeal to your existing customers then keeping the two parts of your business together should help initially when you need product exposure. But, older sites get some preference in the SERPS so I think its good to separate the two as soon as the apparel line starts moving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.