T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, wondering if anyone can help me with an error code. When I go to start up my K3 I am receiving an error code of "021CR Lock, x021" after that if I go to power down I get an error code "#02 Head Cap Fail." Any help on this would be appreciated since I can't get a hold of SWF Mesa until monday. Please help!

Also, here is what happenned right before this problem started: I was doing a print run and the print head stopped over the purging ink area on the right side of the machine as you face the control panel next to the CMYK bulk ink area. The machine had frozen up and wouldn't let me do anything so I powered off at the main switch in the back, counted to 10 (this is what I was told to do last time this happenned) and then turned the machine back on at the main switch. After I turned power on at the control panel I heard a loud grinding noise and the print head wasn't moving back to the capping station as it was supposed to. I quickly turned off the machine and manually slid the print head to the middle of its guide rail and then turned the machine back on and it came up with the N-2-3 startup and moved back to the capping station and I received the Head cap fail error #02. Since then I have received the above mentioned errors and have been unable to print.

Solutions I have already tried and failed with are as follows:

1) I manually lowered the capping station and thoroughly cleaned it, tried to restart and got same message, both with the print head above and away from the capping station.

2) I checked the metal piece above the white plastic piece in the capping station and made sure it was on top and making a connection when it was lifted and it appears to be, I hear the click when I move it up and also when I manually adjust the capping station.

Basically that is all I know to try and do, any help out there would be great, sorry for the long post, just wanted to be thorough in my explanation of the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably CR lock is not properly adjusted even tough You tried to adjust it. Second option is boss board, nothing You can handle by Yourself unfortunately. I'd ty to adjust CR lock in different positions for now. Head cap fail means that the head did not capped and i guess it is caused by earlier error. Cap it manually to prevent it from drying. Hole on the left side above waste ink bottle. At least 4 turns left and exactly 2 and 3/4 turn right to cap it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. In the meantime, we had to have the capping station replaced by a technician. It was totally ruined (broken)! While waiting (a few days) for the technician to come, we did our best to prevent drying of the print head. Luckily, everything is OK now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts