T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings , I hope this is how it works, I take photo then print it from computer to my printer using the correct paper etc. then use my heat press to print the image onto the tshirt ?
anything im missing?
ken

·
Registered
328 Posts
The ink is normal. On a normal white T the shirt is the white of the print. Dark T there is no white. So the dark paper is printed correct read so the paper is the background. Unless there is new stuff on the market.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
When you print to transfer paper for light colored garments you want to mirror the image. If you are printing to transfer paper for darks, which is opaque paper then you print the picture just as it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thx donita. this is getting more complicated than I thought! Ummm , I will be printing with the ebson 1400 . I will learn by trial and error and all the great help and advise from the pro's at this forum. I thank you for the advise. Can you add letters to a previusly heat pressed image onto a t shirt or will it destroy the first heat transfer on the shirt.
thx ken

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use multiple transfers sometimes and for my technology it does not affect the previous transfer. Make sure you trim up close so there is no overlapping and be sure to use a teflon sheet to protect the first transfer... I often do multiple transfers and then overlay rhinestones...

Reactions: CASIOG1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my daughter and I tried our first few tranfers , actully ,the cheapo ezpress works pretty good ! we are having issues when there is text with an image the text came out backwards and I THINK we mirrored the image before printing, anyhow she liked it so much she is gonna where it with the reversed text, lol. I need to learn the process from scratch and mainly having my daughter involved is the best part of all.

thx ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you print to transfer paper for light colored garments you want to mirror the image. If you are printing to transfer paper for darks, which is opaque paper then you print the picture just as it is.

? so everytime id want to print onto a dark colour garment rather then white i dont have to mirror the image wen wanting to heat press it onto the tee?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
That is correct, with the opaque transfers, which are what go on the dark shirts, you leave just the way they are, because when you apply them you peel them off of the backing first and lay it on the garment face up, then cover it with parchment paper or a teflon sheet and press. So you print it exactly the way it looks.

With the light ones you do mirror them, because you lay it face down with the polymere on the shirt, and dont peel it till after you press. Does this make sense the way I explained it ? let me know if you understand.

Reactions: CASIOG1
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.