T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
How good is Corel Draw X3 when it comes to designing t-shirts? Right now I'm on a limited budget, but I still want to design really cool shirts, and I have been thinking about purchasing this program, but I wanted to get other people's opinions first.
Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my opinion Corel X3 is great for designing shirts. I started out many years ago with Corel version 9, I moved up through all the versions and used X3 for several years. I am now using X5 and will be upgrading to X6 shortly. You can use X3 and get everything done that you need to. Corel makes a great product for t-shirt design and most other types of graphic design too. I also use it for business cards, flyers, catalogs, promotional products and much more. Give it a shot I think you will be happy with it.

Mark

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I started with x3 and now have x5 and x6. I still go back to x3, partly because I'm more familiar with it and partly because it's just less confusing to use. X5 is sooooo slow. Takes forever to load. X6 does a lot of things that adobe illustrator does. But I still love my x3.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Oh I forgot. Once you get the corel x3 and above, go to advancedtshirts.com and get your hands on their tutorials, and other software that only works with corel that makes designing shirts so much easier.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I use X3, it does everything I need it to. I'd be sure to get the full version and not the student-teacher version. There are functions in the full version that are not in the student-teacher version. I think it's better have these functions, you may want them down the road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im currently having the problem of having no design experience or knowledge of how to do it on computers. got ideas in my hand but cant produce them.

cant find a reliable designer too. would i be able to get a program and learn on the go?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
im currently having the problem of having no design experience or knowledge of how to do it on computers. got ideas in my hand but cant produce them.

cant find a reliable designer too. would i be able to get a program and learn on the go?
What you can do is get the coreldraw x3 full version. Then go to advancedtshirts.com and buy Design Base, Fashion Factory, and Simple Seps. Those 3 programs work through coreldraw x3-x6 and will make designing high end designs a breeze

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

Indeed you can learn while you go. I am a self taught Graphic Designer and was just named Corel Master without any formal training. You will get out of it with how much you put into it. Just like with anything.

What ever you do, make sure you get a printed User Guide with your purchase. Reading the user guide will teach you everything you need to know on how to use the programs. Boring read, yet well worth it if in fact you want to learn how to use the software.

I have posted tons of links to websites and tutorials covering CorelDRAW and their products here in these forums. Some free and some not yet all are great resources.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys.
I have always wanted to learn but when I go on programs like PhotoShop I just can't get my head around it.

im hoping to go back to college and study creative media which also focuses on graphics so that should be good and im thinking about starting up printing at home while I study andnthen if the demand is there I can expand.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I do a lot of drawing on paper am I able to scan those drawings, put them onto Corel Draw to clean them up and color them in?
It all depends. I suppose you could, if you were good enough at corel to do it. What version of corel did you get? X6 has a really good tracing part in it that makes it a lot easier to do this, but you will still have to trace every single line. There is a quick trace function that might work. I don't know though. I've never tried to do that before.:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just picked up Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011 will this progam allow me to save the items I draw and then bring it into Corel draw to cleanup the lines or is Sketchbook good enough for cleaning up my line work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.